Remnant 2: The Awakened King - Leywise And Chamber Of The Faithless Door Guide
Should you hand over a lost tome to this scribe in Remnant 2: The Awakened King?
You'll find a lot of goodies in Remnant 2, some of which are rewards from an NPC who has fallen out of favor. Our guide discusses Leywise and the Chamber of the Faithless door in Remnant 2: The Awakened King. The quest item that you find while exploring is very important, as there are several uses for it.
Leywise and Chamber of the Faithless door rewards in Remnant 2: The Awakened King
There are a few rewards tied to a quest item known as the Misplaced Memoir and an NPC named Leywise in Remnant 2: The Awakened King. Here are the goodies that you can acquire:
- Index of the Scribe amulet - Obtained by giving the Misplaced Memoir to Leywise.
- Burden of the Sciolist ring - Obtained by giving the Bookbound Medallion to Leywise.
- Paper Heart relic - Obtained by unlocking the Chamber of the Faithless door using the Bookbound Medallion.
Note that you can't acquire all of these rewards in a single run. As such, you'll have to retry Adventure Mode a few times, or just pick the type of item that you prefer.
Where to find Leywise
Leywise himself is met fairly early on when you begin your DLC run. Upon spawning in the Forlorn Coast, you should find him inside the first sewer area that's adjacent to the docks.
Leywise gives you a brief background about himself, and he also sells some wares. These include the Atonement Fold, a ring that inflicts bleeding on your character while also increasing your critical hit chance by 10%.
Misplaced Memoir location
We found the Remnant 2 Misplaced Memoir quest item at the back alley past the entrance to the palace. We got to this area much later in our Awakened King DLC run. You can see the location on the map below:
Take note that procedural generation and randomness might apply, but here's what transpired during our run:
- From the initial area in the Forlorn Coast, we entered the Great Sewers dungeon and took out the Bloat King miniboss.
- From there, we reached another part of the Forlorn Coast, known as the Drowned Wen. We continued exploring past the dockyards (where we unlocked the Ritualist class) until we arrived at the Mournful Promenade.
- The bridge leading to the palace was ruined, so we climbed down a ladder that looped around the cliffside area. This led to a checkpoint (not a nominal fast travel point).
- At the end of the palace ruins, we eliminated a Nobleman elite. We then saw the red glow of the Misplaced Memoir quest item at the back of the square.
- Note that you might pass through other mini-zones on your way to the palace yard due to procedural generation.
Reward #1: Index of the Scribe amulet
Now that you have the Misplaced Memoir, it's time to acquire the Index of the Scribe in Remnant 2: The Awakened King. Simply return to Leywise's location in the initial sewers area. You should be able to unlock a large wooden door at the palace yards that leads back down to the sewers.
Hand over the quest item to Leywise and you'll be given the Index of the Scribe. This amulet has the following effect: Increases mod and skill weak spot damage by 35%.
Reward #2: Burden of the Sciolist ring
To get the Burden of the Sciolist, do not give the Misplaced Memoir to Leywise. Instead, inspect the Misplaced Memoir by right-clicking on it in your inventory. Rotate the tome so that you can see the interaction prompt, then press the corresponding button to open the book's flap. This yields the Bookbound Medallion, but it will also cause the Misplaced Memoir to disappear.
Return to Leywise and give him the Bookbound Medallion. He'll reward you with the Sciolist Ring, which has the following effect: Reduces ammo reserves by 25%; increases mod and skill damage by 15%.
Reward #3: Paper Heart relic
The third and final reward actually lets you unlock the Chamber of the Faithless door in Remnant 2: The Awakened King. This is also the mini-zone where you battle the One True King boss in his throne room. Once you've reached the checkpoint, you should see a corridor to your right, which leads to an ornate door.
Instead of giving the Bookbound Medallion to Leywise, select it instead when you interact with the ornate door. Inside the small room, you'll find the Paper Heart relic, which has the following effects: On use, heals for up to 100% of current health over 0.25 seconds; gain +1 stack per 10% HP restored; after 15 seconds, remove 10% health per stack; kills remove one stack.
That's it: that's everything you need to know about the Leywise rewards and the Chamber of the Faithless door in Remnant 2: The Awakened King. Don't forget that you can still obtain other rewards, such as those pertaining to the Nimue decisions.
Remnant 2: The Awakened King takes you to a new zone in the region of Losomn. The DLC itself is filled with many secrets, including the Ritualist class. For other tips and tactics, you can visit our Remnant 2 guides hub.