Remember Me developer Dontnod denies bankruptcy claims
UPDATE: "Dontnod is not in bankruptcy," says CEO Oskar Guilbert.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Update: Speaking to GamesIndustry, CEO Oskar Guilbert has denied reports of the Remember Me developer filing for bankruptcy. "There are some rumours about the bankruptcy of Dontnod. There is no bankruptcy. Dontnod is not in bankruptcy," he said.
"We are in something called in France 'judicial reorganisation' which allows us to re-adapt our production pipeline to the new situation," Guilbert added. "This game, I think it's important to mention, is number two in terms of downloads on PlayStation Plus in Europe, so it's a big success on the digital side at least."
The developer won't make its future plans explicit right now, but Guilbert indicated that negotiations for their next game are well under way. "We are in very close negotiations for our next project with one of the top publishers," he said. "We started new projects and those new projects need some investment and we decided to resize the company in order to match these new needs. That's why we needed judicial reorganisation."
Original story: Paris developer Dontnod, which released its first game Remember Me last year, is reported to have entered receivership.
French publication Factor News reported the announcement on Thursday. If true, Dontnod is now unable to repay its debts to creditors, and the studio's future could be at risk.
Dontnod is yet to release a statement on the reports. The studio was founded by ex-Criterion developer Oskar Guilbert in 2008, with Remember Me originally a PlayStation 3 exclusive called Adrift.
At one point, Capcom said it was looking to build Remember Me into a "major franchise" for the publisher.
Remember Me received a relatively warm reception from critics--GameSpot awarded the game a 7--upon its release last year, although sales did not reflect any of that positivity.