This article was originally published on GameSpot's sister site onGamers.com, which was dedicated to esports coverage.
Lee 'Jaedong' Jae Dong, Zerg StarCraft2 player for Evil Geniuses and BW legend, is the star of the 15th episode of 'Reflections'.
When did Jaedong first realise Flash was to be his rival? Did he have a special mental strength for big matches in BW? What would have happened if he'd faced Bisu in a big final? Has finishing second so many times changed how he thinks of people with "the silver curse" like YellOw, Stork and Fantasy? How does he think of himself?
Time line of topics discussed:
- 00:39 Intro
- 00:43 Playing in the Courage tournament as a BW amateur.
- 01:20 Did he ever wonder if he wouldn't make it as a top BW pro?
- 02:30 The key moment when he felt he had reached the status of being a top player.
- 03:59 Beating Stork in his first OSL final, despite being considered weak in ZvP.
- 05:54 The first time Flash became his rival.
- 07:42 A statement he'd made about Flash being his friend in a past life.
- 08:50 Coming back from 0:2 to beat Fantasy in the Batoo OSL final.
- 10:06 The Lee Jae Dong score, losing map one and winning the next three in a row.
- 11:07 His ZvZ being 90% win-rate in BW.
- 12:17 The story of the NATE MSL final and Flash supposedly being unbeatable in it, but Jaedong overcoming him.
- 13:57 The story of Rekrul betting big money on Jaedong, vs. Flash fanboys on TL.
- 16:33 Bisu and Jaedong never meeting in a big OSL or MSL semi-final or final, despite being a dream match-up.
- 18:21 How Bisu was different from other Protoss in PvZ.
- 19:49 Struggling early on in SC2.
- 21:20 Did coming second so many times in SC2 give him a new perspective on people with "the silver curse" like YellOw, Stork and Fantasy?
- 22:38 How Jaedong thinks of himself.
- 24:08 Final words/Outro.
Special thanks to Park 'inuh' Hun for helping with the interpretation.