Red Dead Redemption 2's Cities And Enormous World Further Detailed
Rockstar has shared more details and images of some of the locations you'll explore in RDR2 for PS4 and Xbox One.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
We know Red Dead Redemption 2 takes place in a massive open world, but that setting is now beginning to come into focus. Developer Rockstar Games has updated the Red Dead Redemption 2 website to include new information on the "frontier, cities, and towns" that players will find in the upcoming western. We've also learned the first details about Red Dead Online.
It appears there will be a great diversity of locations in Red Dead Redemption 2. One of the locales is Valentine, in The Heartlands of New Hanover. This is a "raucous, rough-and-tumble town" featuring livestock auctions. According to the game's website, these auctions "attract traders, ranchers, cowboys, gamblers, outlaws and prostitutes from far and wide, all looking to make some money, raise some hell, and have a good time."
Another location is Annesburg, in Roanoke Ridge, New Hanover. This is a mining town next to the Lannahechee River. "Working conditions are terrible for little pay, and many men have lost their lives down the pit," reads a line from the town's description.
Players can also travel to a city called Saint Denis in a different region called Lemoyne. Described as a "bustling city," the region is populated with "businessmen, socialites, sailors, laborers, beggars, and thieves" living together.
There are also snowy regions, like the Grizzlies in Ambarino, as well as a bayou town called Lagras with alligators in the water. Go to Rockstar's website to see a rundown of the locations you can explore in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Red Dead Redemption 2 launches on October 26 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. In addition to a campaign, the game will have a multiplayer mode called Red Dead Online featuring PlayStation-exclusive content. As was the case with Grand Theft Auto V's GTA Online mode, however, this won't be available right at launch; rather, it'll arrive sometime in November 2018, first as a public beta.
Red Dead Redemption 2 News And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: We Played It On PS4, Here's Everything We Saw
- Watch: We Played Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All The New Features
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Most Surprising Features And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Everything We Just Learned
- Like GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Playable In First-Person
- Here Are Red Dead Redemption 2's HUD Options
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Arthur Can Swim, Unlike John Marston
- Here's 27 New Red Dead Redemption 2 Screens
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Feature Woody Jackson's Music Again
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Has A Selfie Camera
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Lets You Drift On A Horse
- Red Dead Redemption 2's New Animal-Skinning Animation Is Truly A Sight To Behold
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Gets A Beta A Month After Release Day
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Is Launching After The Main Game
- Rockstar Will Stagger GTA 5 Online And Red Dead Online Update Releases
- Red Dead Online Learns Its Lessons From GTA Online
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com