Red Dead Redemption 2 Will "Redefine Our Industry," Take-Two Says
Rockstar's parent company says it's confident the PS4 and Xbox One game will be "yet another creative milestone" for the company.
Grand Theft Auto developer Rockstar's next big game, Red Dead Redemption 2, is coming in October and parent publisher Take-Two has high hopes for it. We've gotten to play it ourselves and were quite impressed, and Take-Two is not shying away from boasting about what's coming.
During the company's most recent earnings call, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said the game will be "yet another creative milestone" for Rockstar. Boasting further, Zelnick said Red Dead Redemption 2 aims to "redefine our industry" and "captivate audiences around the world."
"Red Dead Redemption 2 is Rockstar Games' first title developed from the ground up for the current console generation," Take-Two said. "We could not be more excited about the upcoming launch of Red Dead Redemption 2, which is poised to be another massive entertainment event."
Zelnick didn't say anything more about how Red Dead Redemption 2 will "redefine" the gaming industry. Intriguingly, Rockstar has said the game will have a new and innovative multiplayer mode. What we now know is called Red Dead Online largely remains a mystery, but it will launch as a beta in November.
While Red Dead Redemption 2 is expected to be a massive success, it is not projected to sell better than Rockstar's previous game, Grand Theft Auto V. That title has shipped nearly 100 million units, making it one of the most successful titles in the history of the world.
A prequel to 2010's Red Dead Redemption, the new game follows the story of outlaw Arthur Morgan. In addition to the campaign, there will be some kind of online mode that is expected to feature PlayStation-exclusive content and microtransactions.
Red Dead Redemption 2 News And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: We Played It On PS4, Here's Everything We Saw
- Watch: We Played Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All The New Features
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Most Surprising Features And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Everything We Just Learned
- Like GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Playable In First-Person
- Here Are Red Dead Redemption 2's HUD Options
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Arthur Can Swim, Unlike John Marston
- Here's 27 New Red Dead Redemption 2 Screens
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Feature Woody Jackson's Music Again
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Has A Selfie Camera
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Lets You Drift On A Horse
- Red Dead Redemption 2's New Animal-Skinning Animation Is Truly A Sight To Behold
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Gets A Beta A Month After Release Day
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Is Launching After The Main Game
- Rockstar Will Stagger GTA 5 Online And Red Dead Online Update Releases
- Red Dead Online Learns Its Lessons From GTA Online
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org