Red Dead Redemption 2: Pre-Order Bonuses For PS4 And Xbox One
Here's what you'll get for pre-ordering Red Dead Redemption 2.
Red Dead Redemption 2's release is approaching, and news regarding it had by and large stayed relatively quiet. We've now gotten a ton of new details about RDR2, and you might be wondering what a pre-order of the game will secure you. In addition to the Special and Ultimate editions of the game, the developer has announced the pre-order bonuses players will receive for reserving the title ahead of its release. Also bear in mind that PS4 will offer some kind of exclusive content that's still to be announced, which may impact your choice if platform. But from pre-orders alone, here's what you can receive.
Everyone who pre-orders a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 will get a pair of DLC "enhancements" for the story mode. First is the War Horse, which Rockstar says has "greater courage and stamina than the average steed." In addition to that, players will receive an Outlaw Survival Kit, which comes with an assortment of helpful items to replenish health, Dead Eye, and more.
Those who pre-order the game digitally from the PlayStation or Xbox Stores will get an additional assortment of bonuses. That includes an exclusive treasure map that helps locate hidden treasure in story mode, as well as enough in-game money to purchase "a weapon, some food, a handful of useful items, and ammunition." However, players will need to reserve the game by July 31 in order to get the treasure map.
Finally, everyone who pre-orders the title digitally will get a GTA$ bonus for Grand Theft Auto V's online mode. The amount of money you'll receive depends on which edition of the game you pre-order. Those who reserve it on PS4 will have their GTA$ deposited immediately into their GTA Online Maze Bank account, while Xbox One players will have to download the bonus from the Microsoft Store. You can see the amount you'll get for each version below.
- Standard edition -- $500,000
- Special edition -- $1,000,000
- Ultimate edition -- $2,000,000
Red Dead Redemption 2 launches for PS4 and Xbox One on October 26. Red Dead Online, its multiplayer component, follows with a beta in November.
Red Dead Redemption 2 News And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: We Played It On PS4, Here's Everything We Saw
- Watch: We Played Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All The New Features
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Most Surprising Features And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Everything We Just Learned
- Like GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Playable In First-Person
- Here Are Red Dead Redemption 2's HUD Options
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Arthur Can Swim, Unlike John Marston
- Here's 27 New Red Dead Redemption 2 Screens
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Feature Woody Jackson's Music Again
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Has A Selfie Camera
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Lets You Drift On A Horse
- Red Dead Redemption 2's New Animal-Skinning Animation Is Truly A Sight To Behold
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Gets A Beta A Month After Release Day
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Is Launching After The Main Game
- Rockstar Will Stagger GTA 5 Online And Red Dead Online Update Releases
- Red Dead Online Learns Its Lessons From GTA Online
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com