Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Screenshots Highlight Improved Graphics
New screenshots show off the level of graphics you can expect from RDR2 on a high-end PC.
Rockstar Games has shown off Red Dead Redemption 2's PC version for the first time. The recent announcement promised that the game would include graphical improvements, but Rockstar didn't share any screenshots or videos. Coinciding with the game opening for pre-orders, Rockstar has now published the first screenshots of the PC edition--and Arthur Morgan is looking goooooood.
The screenshots show off similar sights from the console version, but looking even more impressive. They show off the wide range of environments that you'll encounter throughout the game, as well as the improved lighting effects. Click each image below to bring up a full-size, high-resolution display.
Here's how Rockstar outlines the improvements:
- New graphical and technical enhancements for deeper immersion include increased draw distances for better navigation
- Higher quality global illumination and ambient occlusion for improved day and night lighting
- Higher quality snow trails
- Improved reflections and deeper
- Higher resolution shadows at all distances
- Tessellated tree textures and improved grass and fur textures for added realism in every plant and animal
Beyond all of this Red Dead Redemption 2's PC version includes support for 4K (and beyond), HDR, and multi-monitor setups. Of course, you'll need the necessary hardware to play the game, as outlined in the just-revealed Red Dead 2 PC system specs.
Red Dead Redemption 2 News
Red Dead Redemption 2 launches on November 5 for PC through the Rockstar Games Launcher and other stores. The game won't come to Steam until December, however.
Red Dead Redemption 2's PC version also includes a variety of extras for the story mode, including new missions, weapons, horses, gang hideouts, and more. Check out GameSpot's rundown to see all the new content coming to the PC version.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.