Red Dead Redemption 2 Lets You Drift On Your Horse
Horse-drifting is finally here.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Rockstar is upping the horse game in Red Dead Redemption 2. There are a number of new skills you can perform on horses in the sequel, one of which is drifting like a car in a Fast & Furious movie. Really.
If you get enough speed, you can perform a drift--of sorts--in which your steed will quickly change directions. You can even horse-drift in a complete circle, which is almost certainly impossible in real life. Nonetheless, these should prove to be useful when navigating the world on horseback, rather than the car you might be accustomed to using in GTA V.
Some of the other horse-moves you can perform are rearing it on its hind legs and various dressage techniques. Also new on the horse front are more whistles to call them to you; Arthur Morgan can perform multiple whistle types. Not only that, but you can continuously hold down the whistle button and Morgan will whistle until he is out of breath.
Rockstar is stressing that the bond between you and your horse is further emphasised in the sequel. You will need to brush and pat your horse to keep them clean and happy. If your horse gets spooked, it won't be as effective in battle.
There are also multiple types of horses in Red Dead Redemption 2. We played on a Tennessee walker, which is more of an all-around horse as compared to the massive Clydesdale warhorse that we saw Bill Williamson riding. Each has its own unique benefits.
Unlike Red Dead Redemption 1, however, you cannot kill your horse in Red Dead Redemption 2. Yes, we tried. So you don't have to.
If you're interested in more, check out our Red Dead Redemption 2 impressions--we got to play story missions and check out the open world. We've got even more details in the stories below.
Red Dead Redemption 2 News And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: We Played It On PS4, Here's Everything We Saw
- Watch: We Played Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All The New Features
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Most Surprising Features And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Everything We Just Learned
- Like GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Playable In First-Person
- Here Are Red Dead Redemption 2's HUD Options
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Arthur Can Swim, Unlike John Marston
- Here's 27 New Red Dead Redemption 2 Screens
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Feature Woody Jackson's Music Again
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Has A Selfie Camera
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Lets You Drift On A Horse
- Red Dead Redemption 2's New Animal-Skinning Animation Is Truly A Sight To Behold
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Gets A Beta A Month After Release Day
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Is Launching After The Main Game
- Rockstar Will Stagger GTA 5 Online And Red Dead Online Update Releases
- Red Dead Online Learns Its Lessons From GTA Online
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com