Red Dead Redemption 2 Gives You A Selfie Camera, Here's How It Works
Selfies in 1899.
Yet another detail about Red Dead Redemption 2 has come to light--and it has to do with selfies. During our preview recently, we encountered a mission with a character who gave us a camera. You can take out the camera at any time to snap pictures of the gorgeous surroundings, but of course, the first thing we tried to do was take a selfie.
You can take selfies in Red Dead Redemption 2, but not quite in the same way you can in Grand Theft Auto V. Instead of holding the camera and extending your arm, the "selfie" perspective is called "self-portrait" and it shows Arthur Morgan from a further away perspective. Presumably, that's to be era-appropriate, with the camera being set up on a tripod or something of the sort. Still, if you want to snap a picture of Arthur, you do have a means for doing so.
Overwatch 2 replacing Overwatch 1 | GameSpot News Elden Ring Developer’s Next Game Is Almost Finished | GameSpot News Way of the Hunter Release Date Trailer Sega Mega Drive Mini 2 More Games Revealed The Last Case of Benedict Fox Gameplay Trailer PUBG MOBILE x GB Teddy Bear buddies Alien Isolation Devs Reveal New Sci-Fi Heist Game, Hyenas | GameSpot News Cyberpunk 2077 Gets Flying Cars Thanks To New Mod | GameSpot News New Elden Ring Mod Makes All Enemies Malenia | GameSpot News New PS5 Pro Controller May Be Revealed Soon | GameSpot News New Hideo Kojima Horror Game Leaked | GameSpot News Hollow Knight Fans React To Silksong Speculation | GameSpot News
There are a number of different poses--like squatting and standing with your arm on your waist--and expressions you can select from. You can then share your snaps to your Rockstar Social Club page. it's not immediately clear if you can post your selfies directly to social media from the game, but we hope so. If nothing else, you can use the PS4 and Xbox One's built-in sharing functions to accomplish that.
If you want to know more, we've rounded up everything we saw in Red Dead Redemption 2. We got to go hands-on with the game and came away very impressed. We've also broken down all the details you could want in the stories below. This is a big, dense game, and we've only just gotten a taste of it, but it's wildly apparent that there is a lot to take in.
Red Dead Redemption 2 News And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: We Played It On PS4, Here's Everything We Saw
- Watch: We Played Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All The New Features
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Most Surprising Features And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Everything We Just Learned
- Like GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Playable In First-Person
- Here Are Red Dead Redemption 2's HUD Options
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Arthur Can Swim, Unlike John Marston
- Here's 27 New Red Dead Redemption 2 Screens
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Feature Woody Jackson's Music Again
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Has A Selfie Camera
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Lets You Drift On A Horse
- Red Dead Redemption 2's New Animal-Skinning Animation Is Truly A Sight To Behold
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Gets A Beta A Month After Release Day
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Is Launching After The Main Game
- Rockstar Will Stagger GTA 5 Online And Red Dead Online Update Releases
- Red Dead Online Learns Its Lessons From GTA Online
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.