Red Dead Redemption 2 Gives You A Selfie Camera, Here's How It Works
Selfies in 1899.
Yet another detail about Red Dead Redemption 2 has come to light--and it has to do with selfies. During our preview recently, we encountered a mission with a character who gave us a camera. You can take out the camera at any time to snap pictures of the gorgeous surroundings, but of course, the first thing we tried to do was take a selfie.
You can take selfies in Red Dead Redemption 2, but not quite in the same way you can in Grand Theft Auto V. Instead of holding the camera and extending your arm, the "selfie" perspective is called "self-portrait" and it shows Arthur Morgan from a further away perspective. Presumably, that's to be era-appropriate, with the camera being set up on a tripod or something of the sort. Still, if you want to snap a picture of Arthur, you do have a means for doing so.
Google GDC Keynote Announces Stadia - GS News Update Sekiro First 90 Minutes Of Gameplay Live Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Boss Fight - Outsmarting Juzou The Drunkard In Combat Doom Eternal Gameplay Running On Google Stadia Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- March 17-23 2019 Apex Legends Octane 13 Kill Championship Gameplay Red Dead Online Adds A Hostility System In New Update - GS News Update Disney Completes Deal To Buy Fox; It Now Owns The Simpsons, Deadpool, X-Men, Family Guy, And More - GameSpot Universe Ne Marvel VS Capcom, The Walking Dead, And More Coming To Game Pass - GS News Update New Zelda Game, Cuphead, And More Headed To Nintendo Switch - GS News Update Fortnite Update Adds Flint-Knock Pistol, New LTM, And More - GS News Update Call Of Duty Mobile Game Announced With Battle Royale Tease - GS News Update
There are a number of different poses--like squatting and standing with your arm on your waist--and expressions you can select from. You can then share your snaps to your Rockstar Social Club page. it's not immediately clear if you can post your selfies directly to social media from the game, but we hope so. If nothing else, you can use the PS4 and Xbox One's built-in sharing functions to accomplish that.
If you want to know more, we've rounded up everything we saw in Red Dead Redemption 2. We got to go hands-on with the game and came away very impressed. We've also broken down all the details you could want in the stories below. This is a big, dense game, and we've only just gotten a taste of it, but it's wildly apparent that there is a lot to take in.
Red Dead Redemption 2 News And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: We Played It On PS4, Here's Everything We Saw
- Watch: We Played Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All The New Features
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Most Surprising Features And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Everything We Just Learned
- Like GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Playable In First-Person
- Here Are Red Dead Redemption 2's HUD Options
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Arthur Can Swim, Unlike John Marston
- Here's 27 New Red Dead Redemption 2 Screens
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Feature Woody Jackson's Music Again
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Has A Selfie Camera
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Lets You Drift On A Horse
- Red Dead Redemption 2's New Animal-Skinning Animation Is Truly A Sight To Behold
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Gets A Beta A Month After Release Day
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Is Launching After The Main Game
- Rockstar Will Stagger GTA 5 Online And Red Dead Online Update Releases
- Red Dead Online Learns Its Lessons From GTA Online
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org