Red Dead Redemption 2 First-Person Mode Gameplay Shown Off
You can play the new open-world game in first- or third-person.
Like Rockstar's previous open-world adventure, Grand Theft Auto V, the upcoming Red Dead Redemption 2 will be playable in both first- and third-person. The third-person camera is the default perspective, as in the original Red Dead Redemption, but you can also choose to play from a first-person viewpoint, lending a much different feel to the experience. [Update: Rockstar has released the second gameplay trailer for RDR2, showcasing a number of the game's new features and systems. That includes a brief look toward the end of the video at first-person mode, as we see what it looks like to raid a home and ride on horseback through the eyes of Arthur Morgan. We also now have a Red Dead 2 review for you to peruse.]
As was the case with GTA V, the first-person perspective can help bring you into the game at a deeper level. Riding a horse in first-person gives you a new sense of perspective and place, while combat can feel more confronting. Some wacky stuff can happen, too. In my session, I was walking through town in first-person when I got run over by a horse who was trotting by. With a third-person camera I would have seen it coming.
GTA V launched in 2013 without a first-person option. It was added to the game when GTA V launched years later on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The feature was also included with the subsequent PC release--a platform Red Dead Redemption 2 is only rumored to be coming to. RDR2 is taking after GTA V in a number of ways beyond just this camera view; its multiplayer mode, Red Dead Online, will launch as a beta a month after the base game's release.
Top New Games Releasing On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- April 21-27 2019 Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate Of Atlantis DLC Extended Gameplay How God Of War PS4's Most Impactful Moment Almost Didn’t Happen Game Of Thrones Season 8 Episode 2 "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" Breakdown! Fortnite Gets Avengers Endgame Event This Week - GS News Update Mortal Kombat 11 Announces Its Latest Character Named Frost - GS News Update Shiny Meltan Is Coming To Pokemon Go For A Limited Time Mortal Kombat 11 Quick Review In Progress Video Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Shinobi Tools Will Be More Strategic - GS News Update Mortal Kombat 11 - Official Frost Gameplay Reveal Trailer Kingdom Hearts 3 Critical Mode Gets Release Date - GS News Update Mortal Kombat 11 Early Gameplay Livestream
For more details, check out our Red Dead Redemption 2 preview that covers everything we learned from going hands-on with the game. We have even more information through the links below.
Red Dead Redemption 2 News And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: We Played It On PS4, Here's Everything We Saw
- Watch: We Played Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All The New Features
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Most Surprising Features And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Everything We Just Learned
- Like GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Playable In First-Person
- Here Are Red Dead Redemption 2's HUD Options
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Arthur Can Swim, Unlike John Marston
- Here's 27 New Red Dead Redemption 2 Screens
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Feature Woody Jackson's Music Again
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Has A Selfie Camera
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Lets You Drift On A Horse
- Red Dead Redemption 2's New Animal-Skinning Animation Is Truly A Sight To Behold
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Gets A Beta A Month After Release Day
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Is Launching After The Main Game
- Rockstar Will Stagger GTA 5 Online And Red Dead Online Update Releases
- Red Dead Online Learns Its Lessons From GTA Online
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org