Red Dead Redemption 2 Allows You To Turn The Mini-Map And HUD Off
You can turn it off completely if you want.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
We've learned a ton of new details about Red Dead Redemption 2, Rockstar's highly anticipated open-world western launching next month on PS4 and Xbox One. Among other things, the developer has explained how the HUD elements work in the game. In contrast to some other open-world titles that flood the screen with numerous waypoints and objective-markers, Red Dead Redemption 2's HUD is minimal by default.
The standard setup displays a small mini-map in the bottom-left corner of the screen. This shows you important objectives and other information. Alternatively, you can make the mini-map larger to get a closer look. If you'd prefer not to see it at all, you can also turn it off entirely (just like you could in its predecessor, 2010's Red Dead Redemption).
Also contained in the HUD are meters for health, stamina, and Dead Eye. Another interesting new option is that you can play with a compass only for the mini-map. Additionally, you can see critical health and stamina meters for your horse.
On top of that, Rockstar has confirmed that Woody Jackson, one of the composers on the original Red Dead Redemption, has returned for the sequel. We've also learned that, unlike John Marston, Red Dead Redemption 2 protagonist Arthur Morgan can swim and even (sort of) drift on a horse.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is a dense game, as we recently learned in our hands-on time with it. To learn even more, check out GameSpot's hands-on preview where we talk about two missions we played and some of the new gameplay elements. You can also check out the stories linked below to learn more about Rockstar's next big game.
Red Dead Redemption 2 News And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: We Played It On PS4, Here's Everything We Saw
- Watch: We Played Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All The New Features
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Most Surprising Features And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Everything We Just Learned
- Like GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Playable In First-Person
- Here Are Red Dead Redemption 2's HUD Options
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Arthur Can Swim, Unlike John Marston
- Here's 27 New Red Dead Redemption 2 Screens
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Feature Woody Jackson's Music Again
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Has A Selfie Camera
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Lets You Drift On A Horse
- Red Dead Redemption 2's New Animal-Skinning Animation Is Truly A Sight To Behold
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Gets A Beta A Month After Release Day
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Is Launching After The Main Game
- Rockstar Will Stagger GTA 5 Online And Red Dead Online Update Releases
- Red Dead Online Learns Its Lessons From GTA Online
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org