Red Dead 2 Is $30 For Prime Day 2019
Yee, and may we add, haw.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Red Dead Redemption 2 from Rockstar Games is an impressive achievement in video game design and development. It depicts an open-world that envelops you and fills it with characters and stories that will stick with you long after the credits have rolled. If you haven't already played it--and a gritty, emotionally powerful wild west story sounds appealing to you--there are a couple of discounts as part of the Amazon Prime Day sales that will get you the game for cheap.
Ironically, the game is actually cheapest at Walmart, which--like many other retailers--is capitalizing on the increased desire to spend money created by Amazon's Prime Day by having a sale of its own. The upshot is that Red Dead Redemption 2 is available at the retailer for just $30, which is half the usual $60 asking price. If you've got a Walmart nearby you can have it ordered to a store and pick it up for free so you're not spending extra on delivery.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Sale Prices
Red Dead Redemption 2 received a 9/10 in GameSpot's review. Kallie Plagge said that, while the game focuses on Arthur Morgan's story, it's also "about the entire Van der Linde gang--as a community, as an idea, and as the death rattle of the Wild West. It is about Arthur, too, but as the lens through which you view the gang, his very personal, very messy story supports a larger tale.
She continued: "Some frustrating systems and a predictable mission structure end up serving that story well, though it does take patience to get through them and understand why. Red Dead Redemption 2 is an excellent prequel, but it's also an emotional, thought-provoking story in its own right, and it's a world that is hard to leave when it's done." Read our full Red Dead Redemption 2 review for a deeper analysis of the game.
In addition to Red Dead Redemption 2, Walmart is also one of the few retailers offering a discount on the Nintendo Switch. It also has games like Destiny 2, Skyrim, Fallout 76, Metro Exodus, NBA 2K19, and more on sale. Check out our full list of deals at Walmart on Amazon Prime day for everything noteworthy. For more Amazon Prime Day deal content take a look below.
More Amazon Prime Day 2019 coverage:
- Prime Day 2019: Best Video Game Deals On PS4, Switch, Xbox One; Tips; And More
- Prime Day Gaming Deals: Best PS4 Deals On Games, Consoles, And More
- Best Nintendo Switch Deals For Amazon Prime Day 2019
- Best PC Games And Accessories For Prime Day 2019
- Best Xbox One Deals For Prime Day 2019
- 7 Tips For Saving More During Amazon Prime Day 2019
- Best VR Gaming Deals For Prime Day 2019
- Not-Prime Day 2019: All The Best Sales That Aren't On Amazon
- GameStop Kicks Off Huge Summer Sale Just Before Prime Day
- The Best Prime Day Gaming PC Deals At Dell
- Ebay Sale Might Have You Rooting For Amazon To Crash During Prime Day
- New Exclusive Star Wars Funko Pop Launching For Amazon Prime Day
- The Free PC Games Twitch Prime Members Can Claim In July
- Walmart Prime Day Deals Include Xbox One Bundle With Headset, Controller For $300
- Best Prime Day Anime Deals
- Best Prime Day Deals On Funko Pops
- Best Prime Day TV Show And Movie Deals
Best Prime Day Deals
- PlayStation Plus 12-month subscription -- $36 at Massgenie
- PS4 Slim console + Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition + Marvel's Spider-Man (digital code) -- $250 (
$359) at Amazon
- DualShock 4 PS4 controllers -- $40 at Amazon
- Nintendo Switch (neon red/blue Joy-Cons) / Nintendo Switch (gray Joy-Cons) -- $300 w/ free $35 Eshop credit at Amazon
- Nintendo Switch + select game of your choice + bonus accessory -- $329 at Walmart
- Xbox One S All-Digital Edition + Phantom White wireless controller -- $200 at Amazon
- Batman: The Complete TV Series -- $36.39 at Amazon
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4 and Xbox One) -- $30 at Walmart
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org