Rare Announces Everwild, A New Game That Offers "Engaging And Meaningful Experiences"
Introducing Everwild, Rare's next IP.
Rare, the esteemed British developer owned by Microsoft, has announced a brand-new IP. During Microsoft's X019 event in London, the studio announced a new game called Everwild.
Details are hard to come by at this stage, but Microsoft says the team at Rare is making "something truly original and incredibly special." Rare's Louise O'Connor is the executive producer of the game.
Everwild is still early in development, but Microsoft did share some intriguing initial details about the project. "The Everwild team is focused on building an experience that allows for new ways to play in a natural and magical world," reads a line from its announcement, and continued, "Everwild will give you memorable, engaging and meaningful experiences for players everywhere to share."
That's all Microsoft had to say on the matter at this point. Everwild will presumably be coming to Xbox and PC platforms, and Game Pass subscribers should get it for no extra cost, as is the case with all first-party Xbox games.
Everwild is at least the third ongoing project at Rare. The studio continues to support its pirate game Sea of Thieves, while it's also working with DLaLa Studios on the new Battletoads game.
Rare also used its appearance at X019 to announce the next free update for Sea of Thieves. Called The Seabound Soul, the free update is scheduled to launch on November 20.
It features a new story mission following Captain Pendragon and his journey to find out what happened to the mysterious Ashen Dragon ship while learning more about a "sinister new threat." The update also adds a new item, firebombs, which can be fired from cannons. There are also new cosmetic items to buy with microtransactions in the new update.
Rare said it remains committed to supporting Sea of Thieves despite having Everwild and Battletoads also in development simultaneously.
- X019 Inside Xbox News: Halo Reach Coming To MCC, New Obsidian Game, And More
- Lots Of Final Fantasy Games Coming To Xbox Game Pass; Kingdom Hearts Heads To Xbox One
- Xbox Scarlett Won't Be "Out Of Position" On Power Or Price, Says Xbox Boss
- Rare Announces New IP, Everwild
- Halo: Reach Coming To Xbox Game Pass And PC Soon
- Yakuza Series Is Coming To Xbox Game Pass
- Obsidian's Grounded Is Honey, I Shrunk The Kids Meets Rust
- Life Is Strange Dev Reveals New Game, Tell Me Why
- Outer Worlds Dev's Next Game Is As Far From Space As You Can Get
- DmC and Hellblade Dev's Next Game, Bleeding Edge, Release Date Leaked
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.