Rainbow Six Siege's Operation Void Edge Update Is Live, See Full Patch Notes
The update adds two new characters and a free rework of the Oregon map.
Suit up, operators, because the first season of Rainbow Six Siege's Year 5 is live. The update adds two new characters to the game, as well as a total revamp of the game's Oregon map, along with many bug fixes and balance changes. It also introduces a new elite set for the character Ash, themed around Tomb Raider.
The first new character is an attacker called Iana, who can create a remote-controlled holographic copy of herself a la Mirage from Apex Legends, albeit with much more control. The second is a defender, Oryx, who can dash forward to knock down opponents and break through walls, though he loses a bit of health every time he breaches with it.
As with all Siege updates, these new characters can be purchased through the Year 5 Pass immediately, or through Renown or R6 credits starting on March 17. The Oregon map rework is completely free to all players.
Additional patch notes below:
- Barricade debris consistency: partially breaking a barricade with a weapon or a melee hit will now create much smaller debris.
- Attacker’s drone spawn: the drone will now always spawn on the same side of the building as the one the player first chose its operator to spawn from.
- Player Hub Changes: The Play Section is getting revamped.
- Lesion and Twitch changes: Lesion will no longer be able to see his GU Mines through obstructions, and when an opposing Operator steps on a GU, there will no longer be any initial damage. However, each tick’s damage has been increased from 4 to 6. On Twitch side, her Shock Drone will now start with three shots, but it will have a cooldown. Its firing power has also been reduced to 1 point of damage.
- Operators price decrease: Mira and Jackal’s prices will now be 10,000 Renown or 240 R6 Credits, Lion and Finka’s go down to 15,000 Renown or 350 R6 Credits, while Mozzie and Gridlock’s costs will decrease to 20,000 Renown or 480 R6 Credits.
- Void Edge Weapon skins: Three new seasonal weapon skins will be available this season, each with their own unique style. First, the sleek Saber Carbe. Second, the playful Clog Dance and third, the colorful River Scale.
- Year 5 Pass: The Year pass includes access to six new Year 5 Operators and six new exclusive headgears and uniforms for them. Players will also get the same VIP perks as always. As a thank you gift to Year 4 Pass owners, who renew their Pass for Year 5, we also offer 600 R6 Credits, as well as 2 Legendary and 3 Epic Alpha Packs.
Rainbow Six Siege News
- Rainbow Six Siege Y5S3 Pre-Season Designer Notes Detail How Thatcher Is Being Nerfed
- Rainbow Six Siege: Sam Fisher, Shadow Legacy Update Revealed
- Splinter Cell's Sam Fisher Is Rainbow Six Siege's Next Operator
- + Show More Rainbow Six Siege News Links (2)
- Rainbow Six Siege Patch Y5S2.3 Live Now
- Rainbow Six Siege Mute Protocol Event Is Live
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation