Rainbow Six Siege Y5S1.2 Patch Notes: Live On All Platforms Now
The latest patch for Rainbow Six Siege gives Ying some nice buffs while and implements some much-needed bug fixes.
The patch is primarily geared towards balancing certain Operators and weapons, namely Ying. A previous update replaced Ying's frag grenades with a claymore, but now Ubisoft is replacing her claymore with smoke grenades in hopes it will "increase the level of synergy she deploys when spearheading," specifically when it comes to the attackers trying to counter Mira or Goyo. She's also getting more Candelas and the damage rate of her T-95 LSW is getting a nice buff.
Rainbow Six Siege News
Patch Y5S1.2 also implements several bug fixes, with the most notable one addressing the barricade replication glitch. In the patch notes, Ubisoft also says that the quick match map pool won't change for the rest of the season, only rotating to new maps in Year 5, Season 2. The full patch notes are listed below.
Rainbow Six Siege Y5S1.2 Patch Notes
- Update--the quick match map pool will remain the same throughout Y5S1 and will rotate again in Y5S2.
- Frag Grenades replaced with Claymores.
- Increased Skeleton Key Magazine Capacity:
- Skeleton Key magazine capacity increased to 5 + 1
- Skeleton Key max ammo count is now 25+1
- Reduced number of Volcán shields to 2 (down from 3).
- Now a 2-speed/2-armor operator.
- Removed Super Shorty secondary.
- Increased number of Candelas to 4 (up from 3).
- Replaced Claymores with Smoke Grenades.
- Increased T-95 LSW damage to 46 (up from 43).
- M12 (Caveira)
- Added a Razor Holographic Sight option to her M12.
- TCSG12 (Kaid, Goyo)
- Added an additional magazine to the TCSG12.
- Reduced TCSG12 damage to 57 (down from 84).
- FIXED – Barricade replication issues where the barricade is not destroyed for all players in game except the shooter.
- FIXED – The Dynamic Play button does not update properly when last match was on an Event/Discovery playlist.
- FIXED – Players can clip inside the excavator in EXT Construction Site of Oregon.
- FIXED – Game boots with DX11 when players manually select the Vulkan executable in the steam installation folder.
- FIXED – Minor menu/shop visual and cosmetic fixes.
- FIXED – Lighting issue on Consulate map for consoles (hotfixed on PC on March 30).
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.