Rainbow Six Siege Y4S1 Update Buffs/Nerfs Several Operators; Patch Notes Listed
New season, new changes.
Ubisoft has announced the changes scheduled to go live in Rainbow Six: Siege with the Y4S1 patch. The changes will first go live in Siege's test server on PC, where Ubisoft will monitor player feedback and make any necessary adjustments before pushing the update on all systems.
Most of the changes coming in the Y4S1 patch are buffs and nerfs for Operators. In terms of buffs, the area of effect on Capitao's bolts is being increased to make him more ideal for denying other Operators. For nerfs, the damage for Lesion's Gu mines is being reduced, Clash is losing the muzzle brake for her machine pistol, Dokkaebi's phone calls are being made shorter, the time it takes for Maverick to switch between his SURI torch and a weapon is being increased, and Ash is losing the ACOG sight for her R4-C.
The patch will also address breaching charges as well, which Ubisoft wants--as stated in a blog post--to be "safer and more comfortable" for Attackers to use. The charges are still rather dangerous for Defenders on the other side of the wall though. Although no changes are scheduled at this time, Ubisoft is also considering reworks for how shield-wielding Operators work, as well as buffs for Lion and Glaz and a nerf for Blitz.
We've outlined the changes scheduled for the Rainbow Six: Siege Y4S1 patch below. Siege is available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
Rainbow Six: Siege Y4S1 Update Patch Notes
- Removed ACOG from R4-C
- Increase swap time between SURI Torch and weapons
- After 18 seconds, phone calls from Dokkaebi will hang up on their own
- Being in range of Mute jammers will prevent Dokkaebi from calling you
- Walking into range of Mute jammers will hang up phone calls during the call
- Increasing area of effect size
- Reducing damage per tick from 19 to 12
- Removing Muzzle Brake on Machine Pistol
- Reduced Gu Mines damage per tick from 8 to 4
- Deployment animation is much faster
- Damage on Attacker’s side is reduced from 150 to 50
- Damage area of effect on Defender side is increased
- Lethal damage area of effect on Defender side is reduced
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com