Rainbow Six Siege Patch Notes: Ela Has Gotten A Nerf In Public Test Server
Ela, introduced back in Rainbow Six Siege's second year, is now a bit less powerful in the test server for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One game.
Ela, an Operator added in Rainbow Six Siege's second year, is getting a small nerf. Ubisoft has outlined the patch notes for the latest update done on the game's Public Test Server, which will test out a slightly modified version of Ela's Scorpion EVo3 gun. [Update: Yet another pair of Test Server updates are out now, but they only involve a handful of bug fixes rather than a balance change, like what's outlined below. Read on for a look at those changes, or check out the March 2 patch notes or March 3 patch notes.]
Here are the four changes made to Ela in this patch.
- Reduced recoil now only applies to the first 11 bullets.
- Increased resettle time after burst firing
- Faster uptime to increase vertical recoil
- Slightly increased recoil + spread
As the post says, since Ela was buffed in a recent Year 4 Season 4.3 patch, there's been a huge spike in her being picked, and her win ratio has gone up a little too much. These changes will make her slightly less deadly, and give players a better sense of balance.
Since this patch has just been issued to the test server, there's no guarantee that it'll make its way to the full and final game, although it's clear that Ubisoft is exploring their options with this Operator.
A range of bug fixes are also rolling out in this patch. They are as follows:
- FIXED – Missing drone sounds for other players in the match.
- FIXED – Ying’s Candelas missing collision with other player models.
- FIXED – Operators in main menu can disappear when merging into a lobby.
- FIXED – The “Keep Playing as a Team” button does not function properly.
- FIXED – Pre-barricaded window in 1F Toilet clips through part of the wall in Villa.
- FIXED – Gap in the 2F Main Stairs on Consulate.
- FIXED – Gadgets appear to flat when deployed on Washing Machines in Outback.
- FIXED – Players can sometimes navigate their drone inside the stage at 1F Meeting Hall in Oregon.
- FIXED – LOD Issue in Oregon from EXT Construction.
- FIXED – Various Menu and HUB fixes.
- FIXED – Various cosmetic item fixes.
- FIXED – Map Discovery Playlist should not take matchmaking preferences into account.
Another recent Test Server patch made major changes to Ying, and Ubisoft seems generally more open to big changes to their Operators lately--Tachanka recently switched his turret for a grenade launcher.
Ubisoft has considered making the game free-to-play, but the developers want to combat toxic player behavior first.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org