Rainbow Six Siege Patch Notes Detail Tomorrow's Update
Here's the full rundown on patch 5.3.
Ubisoft has released the full patch notes for Rainbow Six Siege update 5.3, which debuts tomorrow, January 11.
This patch deals primarily with bug fixes--it has only a single new feature, and it's one that won't be terribly exciting for most. In custom lobbies, the host can now access a pause button while players are selecting their Operator. This is done by pressing the End key or the Start button and Up on the d-pad. Pressing it again restarts the timer.
Beyond that, the patch deals exclusively with fixing various issues. Some of these are potentially meaningful to gameplay: when a shield-using player goes prone to use a drone, their shield will no longer stay equipped, and drones can no longer use a dead attacker's shield to move the defuser. Shields will also stop disappearing as a result of clipping issues, and players won't have trouble seeing or interacting with the defuser on Favela.
Other problems addressed in this patch are less serious; melee kills won't show up as headshots in the kill feed anymore, and the kill cam shouldn't clip through walls. The update also--sadly?--does away with the kill cam showing players as having raptor legs.
You can see the full list of patch notes below.
Rainbow Six Siege Update 5.3 Patch Notes
Pause Button in Custom Lobby During Operator Selection Phase
We have added a Pause button to the UI that will allow the host of a Player-hosted lobby to pause the match during the Operator Selection phase.
To utilize this functionality, the host will need to press [End]/[Start+D-Pad Up] to stop the timer. Press the button again to resume the timer.
- Fixed – Barricade pieces remain stuck in place if hit from a perpendicular angle.
- Fixed – In rare instances, a drone is able to use a dead Attacker’s shield to move the Defuser.
- Fixed – When deploying a reinforced wall, it is possible to pass through the reinforcement.
- Fixed – Muzzle brake also hides the flash for side arms.
- Fixed – When a shield user goes prone while attempting to use an observational tool (drone), the shield will stay equipped while prone.
- Fixed – In some cases, clipping would cause an Operator's shield to disappear. This would allow the Operator to be shot through their shield.
- Fixed – Dropping from any height while holding a breaching charge will make her sidearm invisible.
- Fixed – Shotgun pellet impacts do not remain on Tachanka's LMG Shield.
- Fixed – After destroying the LMG Shield, it will reappear for a few frames.
- Fixed – Getting kills with Hibana will not count towards and SAT Weekly Challenge.
- Fixed – Getting kills with Echo will not count towards and SAT Weekly Challenge.
- Fixed – Yokai drones will sometimes hit an invisible wall when jumping through door ways.
- Fixed – Yokai drones will sometimes hit an invisible wall when jumping in 2F Geisha Room on Skyscraper.
- Fixed – Cluster Charges destroy gadgets without destroying breakable floors.
- Fixed – Black Eye's remain floating in mid-air when thrown at a broken barricade.
- Fixed – When a trap is placed on an elevated surface, it will trigger even without vaulting onto it.
- Fixed – Corrupted animation when equipping a second rifle shield after the first was destroyed.
- Fixed – Sound effects from her Shock Drone's taser does not propagate as intended.
- Fixed – In some instances, Jager's Magpie devices do not react to Hibana’s pellets.
- Fixed – Player's controller will not vibrate when killed by an EDD.
- Fixed – Players are unable to see who has the Defuser, drop it, or pick it up on Favela.
- Fixed – Hostage is not able to be revived if the Hostage goes DBNO and clips with the Kitchen Table.
- Fixed – Operators with "launcher gadgets" (Hibana and Ash) do not have feedback when reloading.
- Fixed – When a spectator joins a match in progress, they will not be able to see Tachanka's LMG Shield.
- Fixed – Following a player outside, they player can sometimes become invisible to the Spectator.
- Fixed – Missing camera in Vista Hallway.
- Fixed – Tachanka has invisible bullet collision at the entrance of 1F Lobby.
- Fixed – Users remain stuck in a vaulting animation after vaulting through the 2F Back Stairs window.
- Fixed – Operators are able to vault through wooden panels and clip inside of a wall.
- Fixed – The shield on Tachanka's LMG is offset during Kill Cam replays.
- Fixed – The shield on Tachanka's LMG is not visible in Support Mode after switching between Tachanka and another Operator.
- Fixed – Dud range on Hibana's X-Kairos launcher is still visible for other players, even after it has been turned off.
- Fixed – Melee kills are displayed as headshots in the kill feed.
- Fixed – Bandit's Shock Wire kills are displayed as headshots in the kill feed.
- Fixed – Kill Camera will sometimes pass through walls.
- Fixed – In some instances, Operators appear to have raptor legs in the Kill Cam.
- Fixed – When a player is kicked from a Casual match, they are still able to rejoin it.
- Fixed – When a player is kicked from a Ranked match, they are able to rejoin the same match if it is still running after their 15 minute ban is over.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com