Rainbow Six Siege Patch Adds Custom Games to Dedicated Servers, Resolves Serious Bugs
Headshots now register properly, according to Ubisoft.
Ubisoft posted the patch details to its forums, revealing the addition of custom games on dedicated servers to help prevent host advantage, stability issues, and cheating. The Spectator Camera has also been made available on dedicated servers.
There are some limitations, however. There must be ten players to start a custom game. If you want to spectate, you have to be the one to create the match--and there's only one spectator allowed. You have only ten minutes to fill the invite-only lobby if you want to stay on dedicated servers, and if the person who created the match leaves, the lobby gets disbanded.
You can check out how to start a custom game on dedicated servers on Ubisoft's forums.
Balance changes have been made to the size of Blitz's shield and head to more effectively protect them in combat. Other tweaks include more controllable recoil for the AUG (PC only) and PKP Pecheneg.
The patch also includes fixes for some of the problems that occurred in the 2.0 patch that released last week. Headshots not registering properly has been fixed, and Ubisoft said it will continue looking for further improvements. Another issue that's been addressed had Operators sometimes displaying in T-Pose, sliding around the map, and lacking textures. An exploit that made the laser in Kapkan's trap invisible has also been fixed.
You can see the full list of changes and fixes below:
Added HUD presets in Custom Games to accommodate different needs
- Added ESL Pro League S1 HUD, which is the preset chosen by ESL for their tournaments.
- Altered Hardcore HUD, which is our first iteration leading to the Hardcore Mode. It is not final and is just a first step we can share as we work on completing the Game Mode.
Daily Challenges now accumulate daily without needing to log in
- Players no longer need to log in at least once every 24 hours to get a new challenge. Instead, one challenge is granted every day to every player that has at least one free challenge slot, even if they don't log in.
Fairfight cheating kick message updated to make it clearer
- When a player is banned, an unclear message was broadcasted to all players playing in public matchmaking '[PLAYER] has removed from the match by FairFight.' From now on, the message '[PLAYER] has been banned from the game by FairFight™.' will be broadcasted instead.
- Operators sometimes are displayed in T-Pose, slide around the maps and don't have any textures.
- Headshot hits do not register properly. (We will keep looking for additional improvement opportunities.)
- Exploit: Kapkan's trap can have an invisible laser if specific steps are followed.
- Exploit: Bandit could duplicate the batteries in his inventory by doing a certain behavior.
- Exploit: Players able to clip inside walls using Deployable Shields.
- Collar collision on Frost and Buck, make headshots register as upper body damage.
- Glaz is able to take down Castle Barricades with only 4 shots.
- Player able to clip inside walls by using Deployable Shields.
- Nitro Cells stick to the edges of tiny leaves on plants. .
- Switching weapons takes Buck out of the Skeleton Key mode.
- Blitz's gadget blinds players who were not facing it.
- Frost's Welcome Mat is not destroyed when placed on a trap door which is then reinforced.
- Sometimes, players get an infinite reload animation.
- Sometimes, players cannot reload their weapon.
- Player has a jammed screen if holding the drone in his or her hand near a Signal Disrupter.
- If an attacker is killed at the same time as they finish placing the defuser, the defender won't be able to disable it.
- Armored barricades placed by Castle appear as intact when Castle is looking at them, while they are displayed as destroyed for other players.
- PVE: Inconsistency between the number of AI displayed to be killed at the start of the session on Yacht and the one displayed for the rest of the maps on all difficulty levels. The amount of AI spawning was not the same as the amount of AI displayed. It was 20 on all difficulty levels while it should have been 22 (normal), 26 (hard) and 30 (realistic).
- (PC) Cannot HOLD Sprint when Walk is set to TOGGLE.
- Yacht: when playing during daytime with Montagne, broken glass decals are completely dark. – TENTATIVE FIX (We will be tracking for it once Patch 2.1 goes live, currently cannot reproduce the bug anymore internally. Please reach out to customer support if you experience it after the patch is live, thank you!)
Level Design Fixes
- Yacht ceiling glitch exploit: player is able to vault near the roof of the front end of the boat inside the map's ceiling, gaining a tactical advantage.
- Presidential Plane glitch exploit: Drone can jump through a wall in the Cargo and get inside the Plane's textures.
- Oregon glitch: an exterior brick wall could be shot through from EXT Farmlands.
- Yacht slot machine glitch: after shooting the slot machine, it creates a vault detection that makes the player vault.
- Yacht: exterior cameras are missing their location names.
- Yacht: drones can go out of world at the EXT East Glacier.
- Yacht: drones can fall in the water and out of map at the King of the World location.
- Yacht: asset left floating after destroying wall in the Infirmary.
- Club House: players can fall out of world when installing a booby trap in the Basement.
- Chalet: Invisible collision present on the table located in the Dining Room at 1F.
- Bank: light issue present on the South wall of the CEO Office.
- Players sometimes join a Ranked match that is already in progress.
- Cannot Vote Kick a second player from a PVP session and Team Kill Auto-Kick and Hostage Kill Auto-Kick become unavailable.
- Error code 0-0x00000602 is received when returning from a matchmaking game to looking for players step.
- PVE: Broken friendly fire kick system.
- Custom Game: After being kicked from a Custom Game session, the player is able to join through the Open to Friends option.
- In Custom Games, the Hardcore HUD features the old Simplified HUD settings.
- There is no timer present during the lobby screen.
- Platinum Rank appears misspelled in the End of Round Screen.
- Gun icon is displayed in the Round Log instead of the fall icon when bleeding out from fall damage in the game.
- Players playing Lone Wolf receive Situations' Renown and XP.
- Yacht: Missing weapon textures during PVP matches.
- The lower part of Blitz's character model is flickering.
- Weapons show black texture after playing several Custom sessions in a row.
- When reloading L85A2, ammo magazine clips through weapon.
- MP7's attachments conflict with the default iron sight.
- There is no sound for the Season 1 Operators when reloading their weapons.
- Frost's Welcome Mat gadget has no sound effects when deployed or picked up.
- Minor bugs present in Spectator Camera.
- PVE: First person gun models and players are invisible occasionally.
- (PC) It is possible to see through walls using NVidia SLI.
- (PS4) 'Recently met players' feature now functional (was already working on XB1).
- Improvements on cheating countermeasures.
- From now on, when players are banned, a notification in the combat log is broadcasted to all players currently playing in public matchmaking for all platforms.
- Improvements on automatic data center selection.
- Sledge's hammer swing speed significantly increased.
- Glaz can now destroy wooden barricades.
- Ping maximum range significantly increased.
- Weapon skins can now be previewed full screen in the Shop.
- (PC) Can now check scoreboard from the lobby by pressing the TAB key.
Gameplay Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug in which it was possible to obtain full accuracy for shield-wielding Operators before the end of the ADS transition animation.
- Misaligned optics fixed.
Online Bug Fixes
- Fix for estimated wait time in the matchmaking lobby screen.
- Fix of various disconnect issues.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.