Rainbow Six Siege Dev Responds To "Frustration" Over Recent Changes, Reverses Price Hike

Ubisoft is taking a number of steps to address fans' concerns.

24 Comments
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to GameSpot's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Now Playing: Rainbow Six Siege's Astonishing Comeback


Related
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Follow

The developers of Rainbow Six Siege have released a statement regarding the announcement last week of premium loot boxes and a price hike for some content. In a post on Reddit, Ubisoft said it is aware of the "frustration" that some players are experiencing about the announcements and outlined the steps its taking to address.

Starting off, current Siege players who log an online match before March 6 will get the Ash Sidewinder Elite skin completely free. It will join your inventory when the game's Year 3 Season 1 event begins.

Additionally, the Standard Edition is no longer getting a price hike; it's going to stay at the current price on all platforms. Ubisoft originally said it would phase out the $40 Standard Edition in favour of a $60 Advanced edition.

It's not all completely resolved and clear, however. Ubisoft still hasn't given all the details on how Standard Edition owners will acquire Operators, but Ubisoft says more details are coming during the upcoming Six Invitational event in February.

"We recognize that this has been a point of frustration for new players, as well as existing players bringing their friends into the game, and have been working on how to make this process more fluid," Ubisoft said.

"The Rainbow Six Siege team has always incorporated player feedback into the game and the direction of the design. Your voice is incredibly important to us and we are monitoring your feedback closely on all aspects of this announcement."

Siege has been something of a comeback story. Launched in 2015 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, the tactical shooter didn't always have a huge playerbase, but it now counts some 25 million users. For lots more, check out GameSpot's video above in which we talk about the game's comeback and more.

Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

Join the conversation
There are 24 comments about this story