Quantum Break Xbox One Patch Fixes Progress-Killing Bug, Removes Unnecessary Loading
The new Quantum Break patch launches for Xbox One today, PC patch coming later this week.
The Xbox One version of Quantum Break has received a patch, which intends to fix issues including lost progess, unnecessary loading, and crashes. The PC version will also get a patch that's hopefully coming by the end of the week.
Quantum Break's Xbox One patch makes a number of fixes to the game's acts that include missing and disappearing assets from certain scenes. It also fixes issues such as overlapping audio, flickering environments, and rendering.
Other fixes include the removal of unnecessary loading screens, the removal of a rare bug that deleted progress after completing the game, and two instances where the game would stall while loading. Players also should no longer experience the loss of cloud saves.
Quantum Break on PC suffered from some significant issues, such as not being able to run at 60 FPS and the lack of a quit button. Developer Remedy Entertainment offered its apologies and solutions for some of these issues.
We will keep you updated on when a PC update is released. For now, you can see a full list of the Xbox One patch notes below:
- Act 1 Part 1: Fixed a rare instance of taxi being missing from the intro cinematic
- Act 1 Part 2: Fixed assets disappearing if players backtrack
- Act 1 Part 2: Fixed an issue where players could not kill the guard in the parking lot
- Act 1 Part 3: Fixed backtracking issues where some parts could unload
- Act 1: Fixed overlapping audio in opening cinematic
- Act 2 Part 1: Fixed Nick pathing issues
- Act 2 Part 1: You can no longer get underneath the puzzle at the security station
- Act 2 Part 2: First Chronon source renders properly
- Act 2 Part 3: Added collision on time machine corridor to prevent player’s accidentally falling to their death
- Act 2 Part 3: Fixed backtracking issues where some parts could unload
- Act 2 Part 3: Fixed rare NPC issues where Amy or Nick could be killed or block the door
- Junction 3: Fixed Hatch being hidden if the user skips a future vision too quickly
- Junction 4: Fixed flickering environment outside office building
- Act 5: Fixed last subtitle going by too quickly to read
- Act 5: Fixed missing line in Portuguese audio in a cinematic
- Fixed issue where ambient sounds disappeared when mashing buttons during a cinematic
- Removed unnecessary loading screens showing up
- Updated credits
- World no longer visibly unloads after Jack lets Beth and NPC into the Swimming Pool front door
- Amy no longer remains still and without pathing towards gate in train yard
- Fixed Jack’s subtitles not showing in some cinematics
- Unlock descriptions for Will Diary 1 and Will Diary 2 are no longer reversed
- Fix for blinking lights, where flares would blink excessively bright after resuming from suspend mode
- Fixes for making Xbox Live integration more fault-tolerant
- Remedy logo fix*
- Fix for a rare bug that accidentally wiped progress after completing the game
- Fix for some TV screens sometimes showing a really grainy image
- Fixed circular progress bar alpha in the junction stats screen
- Fixed video playback not always ending if the video was synced to audio
- Fixed two rare instances of stalls when loading
- Fixed a rare crash with the video texture system
- Fixed crash in download menu when switching profiles
- Fixed "Waiting for install to complete" text not being localized when changing the language
- Game/story/collectible progress hero stats no longer display incorrectly when player has less than a percent of progress
- Fixed rare instances of cloud saves failing and causing loss of progress
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org