The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Quake Will Be Free To Own This Weekend During QuakeCon
You can get the classic first-person shooter Quake for free starting August 7 if you tune into Bethesda's QuakeCon.
QuakeCon is one of gaming's longest-running conventions, and while you might have to watch the festivities from home this year, you'll at least get something for your troubles.
Starting August 7, if you have a Bethesda.net account and you watch QuakeCon, you'll get the PC version of Quake on the Bethesda launcher for free, according to reputable Twitter user Wario64. Additionally, if QuakeCon hits its first fundraising goal of $10,000--which seems fairly likely--you'll also receive a free copy of Quake II, the misleadingly-named sci-fi follow-up to Quake.
QuakeCon was confirmed to be a digital-only event back in late June, and it runs from August 7 to 9. You can check the rest of the schedule on the event's website, which includes a Representation in Video Games panel, a Doom Eternal panel, a look at the upcoming Dishonored tabletop RPG, and, of course, the grand finals of the Quake World Championship. There will probably be game announcements too, perhaps related to upcoming Bethesda games like Ghostwire: Tokyo and Deathloop. Don't expect too many details on Starfield, though.
Best Deals This Week
- Luigi's Mansion 3 For $42, Cuphead For $16, And More Great Deals In Latest Switch eShop Sale
- Huge Star Wars Sale At GameStop Is Live: Black Series Action Figures, Funko Pops, And More
- Madden NFL 21 Gets Release Week Discount
- PSA: These Big PS5 Games Are $10 Off Right Now, In A Roundabout Way
- Here's Where You Can Get A Nintendo Switch Lite
- All The Free Game Promotions You Can Claim On PS4, Xbox One, PC, And More
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.