PUBG Update Out Now For Xbox One, Here Are The Patch Notes
PUBG Corp. has made some performance improvements to the Xbox One version.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds developer PUBG Corp. has deployed a new update for the title on Xbox One. The patch is available to download now and focuses primarily on optimizing the game's framerate, reducing crashes, and all around improving its performance.
In particular, the new patch makes some texture changes in order to improve PUBG's graphical performance on the console. Similarly, vehicle profiles have been optimized to improve the framerate, and PUBG Corp. has implemented various other unspecified fixes in order to reduce crashing.
In addition to that, the developer has tweaked the inventory system to make navigating menus and swapping between weapons much quicker than before. Players can now quickly scroll using the controller's shoulder triggers, and weapon slots and attachments can now be selected with the D-pad. Finally, PUBG Corp. has added "focal points to identify selected areas" on the inventory screen.
Other changes in this update include a counter that displays the number of players left on the airplane, while a bug that caused players to hear footsteps when no other players were around has been fixed. You can read the full patch notes--courtesy of the official PUBG forums--below.
PUBG recently reached another milestone on Xbox One, surpassing 5 million players on the console. To commemorate the achievement, PUBG Corp. is giving away another free cosmetic item, the PUBG5 varsity jacket. All players who purchase the game and create a character by 12:01 AM PT on March 22 will receive the outfit for free.
PUBG Xbox One Update 11 Patch Notes
Performance / Optimization / Stability
- Implemented texture changes to improve graphical performance
- Optimized vehicle profiles to improve framerate
- Additional fixes to reduce crashes
- The layout of the inventory has been improved, adding focal points to identify selected areas, a clearer button guide and tooltips
- Improved selection of weapon slots and attachments--players can change the focus and selection by using the D-Pad
- Quick scrolling has been added by using LT/RT buttons
- A counter has been added to show the number of players remaining on the airplane
- Reminder to the community that the Varsity Jacket (also known as the PUBG5 jacket) announced last week will be rewarded to players after March 22nd 12:01AM. Look for it in your in-game inventory from March 22nd, inside the customization tab of the menu.
- Fixed issue that caused players to hear footsteps when no other players were in the vicinity
- Fixed an issue that prevented the blue zone from being displayed correctly
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.