PUBG Mobile Update Out Now, Adds First-Person, New Mode, And More
The "biggest update yet" is now available for the mobile version of PUBG.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
PUBG Corp. and Tencent have released a new update for the mobile version of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. The update is available to download now for both iOS and Android devices, and it introduces a handful of new features to the game, including an additional mode, emotes, and other content.
Among other things, update 0.6.0 adds the ability to play Classic Mode in PUBG Mobile in first-person. It also introduces a chaotic new Arcade mode called Mini-Zone. In this mode, players are dropped onto a smaller map that contains three times as many weapons as usual, making for more intense and much shorter matches.
Beyond that, the update adds a Royale Pass, a new type of progression system that's similar to the upcoming Event Pass for the PC version of PUBG. The Royale Pass features an assortment of daily and weekly missions to undertake. By completing the challenges, players will increase their rank and earn crates.
In addition to unlocking items, Tencent says the player who has the highest Royale Pass level will be able to choose the starting plane's finish before parachuting out at the beginning of the match. The developer has also introduced a number of new weapon finishes to earn and customize their characters with in PUBG Mobile.
Rounding out the update are various new emotes and items. Players can also now see a weapon's stats and how it compares with other weapons when browsing the Armory. You can read the full list of changes in update 0.6.0 in the patch notes--as taken from the App Store--below.
PUBG Mobile Update 0.6.0 Patch Notes
- This is a brand new feature! Complete daily and weekly missions to earn points and increase your rank. Complete a certain number of missions every week for additional crates.
- Reach a new Royale Pass rank to unlock its rewards. Players with a busy schedule have the option to purchase ranks directly to unlock rewards.
- An elite version of the Royale Pass is also available. Purchasing the Elite Royale Pass unlocks elite missions to earn more points and collect additional rewards for each rank.
- Season 1 of Royale Pass starts in mid-June. It will be available for purchase for all players.
First-Person Perspective (FPP)
- Added first-person perspective variation to Classic Mode.
- FPP has its own tier system.
- 100 players, smaller map, three times the resources and air drops!
- Added weapon finishes to the game.
- New finishes can be obtained in the game and applied to your weapons.
- Added airplane finishes to the game.
- The player with the highest Royale Pass rank in a match can change the plane's finish before parachuting.
- Added an Armory where you can view all the weapons in the game and add attachments to see how effective they are.
- Pistols now get their own slot on the match UI and in the backpack.
- Melee weapons can now destroy tires on vehicles.
- Players can now mute individual teammates.
- Improved voice chat system during matches.
- Added a new post-match results screen.
- Added a tier protection system to protect players from being demoted.
- Added Asian characters.
- Added character profiles.
- Added simple emotes so players can interact with one another. More emotes are available via the Royale Pass.
Social Network Link
- Players can now link one additional social network, for a total of two.
- Added room cards, which can be used to start rooms. They are available via Royale Pass.
- Added parachutes, weapon finishes, avatars, avatar frames, and other new items.
- Items can be gifted to friends.
- Added career results screen.
- Added a character customization page, accessible from the profile screen.
- Added different sound effects for the winner and runner-up at the end of the match.
- Added a reminder tone for the last five seconds before boarding.
- Added a marking feature for quick chat. Players can now mark loot locations or dangerous spots.
- UI and sensitivity information is now saved locally.
- Added a Shop for trading Silver Fragments for Outfits.
- Added background noises for some zones, such as the sound of waves crashing when you're near the shore.
- Added more customizable buttons.
- Added Miramar to Arcade Mode.
- Vehicles no longer deal damage to teammates.
- Improved throwing animation, grenade explosion, and smoke grenade effects.
- Fixed 8x scope and vehicle camera bugs in Spectator Mode.
- Fixed choppy voice chat bugs and Bluetooth headset disconnect bugs.
- Improved UI and vehicle sound effects.
- Improved sound mixing when firing indoors.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org