PUBG Mobile Update Adds Miramar Map
The desert map arrives in the mobile version as part of the 0.5.0 update.
PUBG Corp. and Tencent have released a new update for the mobile version of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. Update 0.5.0 is available to download now from both Google Play and the App Store, and it expands the game with a handful of new features, gameplay improvements, and other content.
The biggest addition in the update is the desert map Miramar, which makes its way into the mobile version of PUBG before it has officially released on Xbox One. PUBG Corp. still hasn't announced when the desert map will be available in the console version, but the developer recently held its third Miramar test on Xbox One this past weekend, and the map is expected to launch in the live game this month.
Arriving alongside Miramar are an assortment of new vehicles and weapons. The update also marks the beginning of PUBG Mobile's second season, giving players a new assortment of weekly progress missions to complete and rewards to earn.
In terms of gameplay tweaks, the developers have added a local quick-team feature to the game. Players can now team up with nearby friends locally by inputting a six-digit code. Various elements of the game have also been improved, including the "smoothness" of Spectator mode and parachute camera.
Finally, PUBG Corp. and Tencent have rolled out a new selection of avatars, as well as a shop where players can purchase new outfits and items. The developers have also added a "Secret Stash" that offers special discounted items. You can find the full patch notes for the update, courtesy of the App Store, below.
PUBG v.0.5.0 Patch Notes
- Desert map ("Miramar") is now available for selection. See if you can find the new vehicles and weapons!
- New Progress Mission: collect progress rewards when you reach new levels, then take on new missions.
- Added weekly Activity missions: earn rewards based on your Activity.
- Added local quick team feature: enter a 6-digit code to team up with friends that are next to you.
- Added Synergy and Connections: interact with your friends in-game to raise Synergy, then build Connections when your Synergy is high enough.
- Added Regions: now you can choose your region and flag.
- Added language-specific chat channels: there is now an additional channel based on the language of your choice.
- Added more avatars.
- Now you can collect rewards for every new tier reached in Season 2.
- Added a Shop, where you can preview and purchase new outfits and items.
- Added a Secret Stash, where you can purchase special discounted items.
- Spectator mode smoothness improved.
- Striking sounds and effects added to melee combat.
- Parachute camera smoothness improved.
- Initial parachute speed increased to match the PC version.
- Improved climbing check during running.
- Picture styles now available on all devices.
- Added sound effects for breaking doors.
- Improved display of personal information and results.
- Improved team invitation flow.