PUBG Gets First Xbox One Update, Here's What It Does
Visuals and performance have received "first pass" improvements.
Bluehole's phenomenally popular battle royale game PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds made its Xbox One debut last week, and it's already proven to be a big success on the console, attracting more than 1 million players in its first 48 hours. Unfortunately, the game also doesn't perform quite as well on Xbox One as it does on PC. Bluehole has addressed some of these issues with PUBG's first console patch, which is available now.
The publisher detailed the contents of the patch in a post on the official PUBG forums. Among the many things that have been touched up are the visuals and animation. Visuals and performance have been tightened up in general, while anti-aliasing has been "slightly" improved on Xbox One and Xbox One S. The development team has also "addressed arm animations specific to holding some weapons" and adjusted hair color options.
Additionally, the patch addresses a number of bugs that players have encountered in the Xbox One version, such as one that caused voice chat to no longer function properly after a Squad leader left the party. You can read the full patch notes, as taken from the PUBG forums, below.
PUBG launched in early access on Xbox One via the Game Preview program on December 12 and costs $30. The game also supports Xbox One X. For a limited time, those who purchase an Xbox One X will receive a copy of PUBG for free. PUBG's 1.0 release arrives for PC on December 20 and features a new desert map called Miramar, as well as vaulting and climbing mechanics.
PUBG Xbox One Patch Notes
- Gas can now be used while on bike or bike with sidecar
- Equipment icons on HUD will now be visible
- Player icon is now more clearly visible on the world map
- UI prompts now appear when reload and enter a vehicle options are present
- Tweaked hair color options
- Cleaned up sidecar passenger animations in first person view
- Fixed player camera issues while a passenger on the backseat of a Buggy
- Addressed arm animations specific to holding some weapons
- Character now correctly faces the proper direction when stopping while swimming
- First pass visual and performance improvements
- Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S
- Localization updates for Vietnamese, Spanish (Spain/Mexico)
- Controls on motorcycle no longer inverted
- Keyboard functionality is disabled
- Fixed instances of player nametags not properly displaying in the lobby during Squad and Duo play
- Fixed minor animation while crouching and prone
- Fixed issues where curtains on windows block line of sight of players in the TPP mode
- Fixed an issue where when Squad leader left the party, voice chat ceased to function as intended
- Fixed issue where players could lean out of vehicles even when obstructed
- Fixed collision of cardboard boxes in Yasnaya city
- Fixed typo in the controller guide
- Other minor fixes
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.