PUBG 7.1 Patch Notes: New Vikendi Is Live Now
With the start of Season 7, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds sees the return of Vikendi--but it's not the same map you remember.
PUBG Corp has released a new update for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, which has recently gone into Season 7. Update 7.1 sees the return of Vikendi, PUBG's snow-covered map that was removed back in Season 6 when Karakin was added to the battle royale game. It's not the same Vikendi you remember, however, and it's live now on all PC servers.
As you can see in the image embedded below, the snow levels for Vikendi have been adjusted once again. Because of this change, both snowbikes and snowmobiles have also been removed and replaced with motorcycle and motorcycle with sidecar vehicles. Nine moving trains have also been added to Vikendi, which snake around and throughout the map and stop at 12 newly implemented stations. Catching a train offers a quick way of escaping the zone wall or just getting around.
Locations around Vikendi have changed as well. Both the Tovar and Movatra landmarks have been completely removed, while the brand-new Cargo Depot has been added and Abbey relocated to where a small village once rested on Mount Kreznik. Additional means of cover have been added to the open streets of Volnova too, and Dino Park has been completely remade into the much larger Dinoland.
You can also now find a new weapon on Vikendi: the Mosin-Nagant. The weapon marks a first for PUBG, as it's a new weapon that's just a reskin of an older gun--but PUBG will continue to have both firearms exist at the same time. "We've decided to test out the idea of shared stat weapons," PUBG Corp wrote in the Update 7.1 patch notes. "For all intents and purposes, the Mosin-Nagant is a Kar98k. The stats, attachments, ammunition, etc. are all directly copied from the Kar98k, but the Mosin will feature its own look and sound." PUBG Corp added the Mosin in order to create "more weapon diversity without diminishing the availability of the weapons [players] love to use."
The full patch notes for Update 7.1 are listed below.
PUBG Update 7.1 Patch Notes
Vikendi is back!
- Trains have been added and can be found moving along multiple tracks across Vikendi
- There is a major train line that extends along the perimeter of Vikendi, with 6 connected tracks towards the inland areas of the island
- Trains stop temporarily at train stations across the map
- Reduced snow cover
- Snow cover is reduced more on the Southern areas of the island
- Snowbikes and Snowmobiles have been removed
- Motorcycle and Motorcycle with sidecar will spawn instead, being more versatile vehicles for the updated terrain
- Weather will be either Clear or Snowy.
- Moonlight has been removed for now, but will return with visual improvements at a later date.
- General map optimizations have been made
- You can play the updated Vikendi in custom matches
- A new Cargo Depot has been added
- Dino Park has been replaced by the bigger, more spectacular Dinoland
- Abbey has been relocated to Mount Kreznik
- Volnova now has much more cover
- Tovar and Movatra have been removed
Quality of Life Improvements
- Matchmaking can now be cancelled while browsing other menus
- Slight changes have been made to button placement and visuals
- Network Debug UI has been cleaned up to be less intrusive while playing
- The debug information is now enabled by default and can be disabled in the Gameplay tab of the Settings
- Network indicator icons have been removed
- TDM match results will now show players who've recently left the match
- Quantity button now works correctly when converting Blue Coupons to BP
- Other Changes:
- Slight visual changes to Arcade matchmaking UI to be more consistent with public matches
- TDM UI has been improved
- Eliminated decimal points from the scores for better readability
- Panzerfaust and Mosin-Nagant have been added to Training Mode
- Tommy Gun's icon has been updated to reflect the recently added rails
Skin & Items
- Dinoland T-shirts (Available April 22 until July 22)
- Labor Day skins (Available April 29 until May 27)
- Flying Chicken Neck Pillow
- Baby Bear Sleep Mask
- Sleep Mask
- Crouching/standing repeatedly while ADS could cause the animation transition to stutter
- No ADS transition animation while using the Canted Sight
- Players could clip through walls/ceilings of buildings by vaulting or using ledge-grab
- This issue was fixed with weekly maintenance April 9
- Player’s view would momentarily be obstructed by any large backpack while ADS in a Motor Glider
- Players could ADS briefly after entering the BRDM
- When reviving in FPP the camera would sometimes be in the incorrect position
- Healing/boosting prevented the passenger of a buggy from turning correctly
- While prone in TPP players could ADS to unintended angles without their lower body rotating
- Players could unintentionally use AR/DMR/SR in the Motorcycle’s rear seat
- Characters would lean to the left while driving a Motorcycle after breaking destructable fences
- Player's camera would detach from the character after reloading a weapon while ADS in a Motor Glider
- While holding throwables, in certain situations they could fall to the ground and emit effects for that player, without the grenade actually being used
- Flare Gun could float mid-air while looking at the sky and pressing the ‘Inspect’ key
- When a Molotov was shot mid-air flames wouldn’t propagate on the ground beneath the point of explosion
- Throwable trajectory line wouldn’t line up with the direction the character was facing while in a vehicle
- Player's body could contort while aiming with a melee weapons while in a vehicles passenger seat
- Tommy Gun's rear sight would disappear in certain situations
- Footsteps would be muffled after exiting a Motor Glider
- UMP45 gunshots could be heard further away than intended
- Bullet ricochet sounds weren’t being played
- Blank items could sometimes be displayed in the inventory UI
- Current Season menu in the Career tab wouldn’t display this season's data
- Some BP items would appear to be purchasable when you have insufficient BP to make the purchase
- Red Dot & Holo Sight didn't mention Tommy Gun under Attachable Weapons
- Team UI didn't display properly in observer mode while observing a player after they'd crashed
- When using a Flare Gun the Special Care Package UI wouldn’t light up green in certain situations
- Weapon Mastery
- DBS stats weren’t being recorded
- Win94 kills were being recorded under the DBS
- Skin & Item
- Sunswiped Sports Jacket was clipping with other items
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.