Psychonauts 2 Launches August 25, Available On Xbox Game Pass
Xbox-Bethesda's E3 2021 press conference finally revealed Psychonauts 2's release date, which is pinned to August 25.
The release date for developer Double Fine's highly anticipated action-platformer Psychonauts 2 was finally revealed during Xbox-Bethesda's E3 2021 presentation. The game launches August 25 for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S, as well as Game Pass on the same day.
Double Fine dropped a new story trailer for Psychonauts 2, showcasing the various abilities and locations players will experience when the game drops. We even get a glimpse of some of the bosses, as well as mechanics that change the game's perspective from 3D to 2D and back.
Announced in 2015, Psychonauts 2 suffered several delays before hitting its new release date. The game was funded via crowdsourcing, accruing nearly $4 million for development. Though Double Fine was purchased by Xbox in 2019, Psychonauts 2 is still launching on PlayStation consoles.
Xbox-Bethesda's conference was peppered with other announcements, including the reveal and release date confirmation for Starfield. More is yet to come from the annual trade show this week, so be sure to check out our E3 2021 hub to stay updated on all the latest news and announcements. Plus, check out our Play for All hub to learn how to donate to this year's partner, AbleGamers, and catch up on exclusive gameplay reveals, interviews, trailers, and much more.
E3 2021 News & Announcements
- Nintendo Switch OLED Announced, Coming October 8
- E3 2021: Schedule, Participants, And What To Expect
- Xbox & Bethesda E3 Showcase Announcements: Starfield, Halo Infinite, Diablo 2
- Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Announcements: Breath Of The Wild 2, Metroid Dread, Advance Wars
- E3 2021 Games Confirmed So Far
- Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 Announcements: Far Cry 6, Mario + Rabbids 2, Avatar
- Square Enix E3 2021 Stream Announcements: Guardians Of The Galaxy, Final Fantasy Origin, Babylon's Fall
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.