PSA: Destiny's Halloween Event Starts Today, See the Patch Notes
Festival of the Lost returns.
As announced previously, Destiny's Festival of the Lost event runs October 25 through November 8. During that time, players can unlock new masks, gear, emotes, and consumables themed around Halloween and things that are spooky/creepy/weird. Additionally, there is a new quest in the Iron Temple, which was introduced to Destiny in September's Rise of Iron expansion.
Destiny's Festival of the Lost event also introduces some new Exotic weapon Ornaments for Bad Juju--they are on display in the video above and can also be seen here. Additionally, The Tower, Reef, and Iron Temple get a Halloween makeover, while some festive music has been added. Read GameSpot's previous Destiny Festival of the Lost coverage to learn even more about this year's event. You can also visit the official Festival of the Lost website to get more details.
Bungie's Festival of the Lost plans were revealed early through a leak. You can see the complete patch notes for the Destiny Halloween update, as posted on Bungie's website, at the bottom of this post.
Destiny is not the only game celebrating Halloween. Overwatch, Rocket League, World of Warcraft, Smite, Street Fighter V, and others are also taking part. Check out GameSpot's roundup here to learn more.
Destiny Festival of the Lost Patch Notes:
- Visit Eva Levante in the Tower to Trick or Treat and earn paper Masks
- Visit Tyra Karn in the Iron Temple to assist with a task
- Trials of Osiris has become a bit spookier during Festival of the Lost
- The following sources can yield a unique Festival of the Lost vanity item:
- Trials of Osiris
- Crucible Matches
- Strike Hoards
- The Tower, Reef, and Iron Temple have been decorated in honor of Festival of the Lost
- Festive music has been added in social spaces
- Treasures of the Lost is now available and contains new Masks, Bad Juju Ornaments, a Sparrow, Ghost Shells, and Consumables
- Once Festival of the Lost ends, the Bad Juju Ornaments will be added to Radiant Treasures
- Last year's Festival exclusive Emotes Monster Dance, Zombie Dance, and Boo, have returned to Eververse
- Two new limited Emotes are available: Terrify and Howl
- Eva Levante will stop selling Emblems during Festival of the Lost in order to provide players with special Festival items
- After Festival of the Lost, her normal Emblem inventory will return
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com