PS5's Unreal Engine 5 Tech Demo: Check Out These Stunning Screenshots
Check out a series of still images from the "Lumen in the Land of Nanite" tech demo running on PlayStation 5.
The new PlayStation 5 tech demo is seriously impressive, showcasing what next-generation games could look like running on Epic's Unreal Engine 5.
You can watch the trailer again, and after that, check out a series of stills from the video embedded in this post. Be sure to click each image to view a full-size version.
The tech demo, "Lumen in the Land of Nanite," is not meant to represent what PS5 and Xbox Series X games will necessarily look like, but instead what Unreal Engine 5 is technically capable of allowing for. These stills are very impressive-looking, and it'll be interesting to see how developers make use of the Unreal Engine 5 tech to power their new games.
Unreal Engine 5 will become available in a preview at the beginning of 2021, with a full release scheduled for later in the year. The existing Unreal Engine 4 also supports PS5 and Xbox Series X games.
Epic's own game, the battle royale title Fortnite, will be a launch game for PS5 and Xbox Series X. It will be among the first games to use Unreal Engine 5, but the transition to the new engine won't happen until 2021.
For more on Epic's announcements around Unreal Engine 5, check out the stories below.
- Unreal Engine 5 Announced, Promises Graphics That Look As Good As Real Life
- PS5's Unreal Engine 5 Tech Demo Images Are Absolutely Stunning
- Fortnite Is A Launch Title For PS5 And Xbox Series X
PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch And More Games Coverage
- Gran Turismo 7 Delayed To 2022 Due To Challenges Related To COVID-19
- Sony Announces New PSVR Headset For PS5
- Latest PS5 Restock Updates: Track Stock At Best Buy, GameStop, Walmart, Target, and more
- How To Sign Up For Diablo 2: Resurrected's Alpha
- Splatoon 3 Announced For Nintendo Switch, Coming In 2022