PS4 Driveclub March Update Adds Replays, New Cars, and More
Evolution Studios outlines all the new content coming to the PlayStation 4 racing game this month.
Marvel's Avengers - 18 Minutes Of Gameplay | A-Day Prologue Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- August 18-24, 2019 Gears 5, New Xbox One Controllers, And More From The Inside Xbox Gamescom Stream - GS News Update Gamescom 2019 Opening Night Live Hosted By Geoff Keighley Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC Possibly Revealed - GS News Update Cyberpunk 2077 - Official Dev Diary | Stadia Connect Metro Exodus - The Two Colonels | First 30 Minutes Preacher Season 4 Episode 4 "Search and Rescue" Best Easter Eggs The Matrix 4 Is Happening With Keanu Reeves And Carrie-Anne Moss - GS Universe News Update Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige No Longer Producing Spider-Man Movies - GSU News Update Astral Chain: S+ Rank On Ultimate Difficulty Gameplay Apex Legends Devs Respond To Reddit Controversy - GS News Update
Here's a breakdown of what to expect when the update rolls out on March 24.
- Free car: Peugeot Onyx Concept
- The Lamborghini Expansion Pack: Comes with four new cars; see them here.
- Pace-Setting Tour Pack: Includes five new trophies and 12 new tour events.
- New Replays feature: You can now save a Replay at the end of any single player event and view it later from the Replays section.
In addition to the new content, Driveclub's 1.12 update includes a range of improvements and tweaks based on fan feedback. These include refinements to Drift Mode and adjustments to drag reduction when veering off the road, as well as the ability to use Twitch or Ustream to livestream multiplayer matches.
What about the long-delayed free PlayStation Plus version of Driveclub? There's still no ETA for its release, but Evolution says, after Driveclub 1.12 is released, it will make "continual server upgrades" to eventually allow for the release of the game.
The full Driveclub 1.12 patch notes and more are printed below, courtesy of Evolution.
- Adds Replays to the game for all Single Events and Tours. You can now save a Replay at the end of any single player event and view it later from the Replays section.
- Photomode can be used from within a Replay at any point.
- Introduces a new Driver Level 50 reward: You can now unlock the Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione for your Garage!
- Refines Drift Mode scoring to increase the points scored for momentum, control and staying on the track.
- Adjusts the drag reduction when veering off road, so that accidentally leaving the track slows you down more gradually.
- Adjusts the drag penalty on world collisions, to remove the possibility of gaining any advantage after colliding with a wall.
- Adds the option to control screen brightness in-game (new Display Option).
- Adds the option to change the volume levels on individual SFX channels (new Audio options in Settings).
- Adds the option to make the AI opponents in a Single Event drive in the same car as the one the player chooses.
- Adds the option to select factory paint jobs for AI opponents (new Display Option).
- Removes the voicechat icon for any player you have chosen to mute in Multiplayer while you are driving.
- Adds new categories for downloaded Livery Packs within the Bonus Designs in Customization.
- Adds status information about friends playing DRIVECLUB to the Social Hub.
- Immediately centers the camera view behind the car automatically whenever you reset to the track.
- Adds support for live streaming via Twitch and Ustream while playing Multiplayer.
- Improves the atmospheric visual effects further by improving heathaze and introducing mirages, which are visible on the road when light is refracted by hot air.
- Includes more minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.
Update 1.12 Add-ons (coming to PlayStation Store March 24-26):
- Adds support for the Peugeot Onyx Concept, coming to PlayStation Store as a free download.
- Adds support for the Lamborghini Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStation Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on.
- The Lamborghini Car Pack includes: Lamborghini Aventador LP 720-4 50° Anniversario, Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Squadra Corse and Lamborghini Veneno.
- The Lamborghini Tour Pack includes 10 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
- Adds support for the Pacesetter Tour Pack, coming to PlayStation Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on.
- The Pacesetter Tour Pack includes 12 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
- Adds support for 2 new livery packs, coming to PlayStation Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customize your cars with.
Important developments to be aware of (coming after 1.12):
- Continual server upgrades: to keep improving online stability and performance for all current players and to enable the release of the PS+ Edition and DRIVECLUB companion app.
- Private lobbies: Development of Private Lobbies for Multiplayer is ongoing alongside development of server improvements.
- Replays for Multiplayer races: these require further development and testing and will come in a future game update.
- Lots more cars: We're only half way through the Season Pass that runs to July and we have many more commonly requested cars and manufacturers coming to DRIVECLUB!
- New ranks: because many of you are at Level 50 already. In the mean time, please enjoy exclusive access to the Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione as a reward for your dedication and success.
- Additional audio options for cockpit camera.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org