PS4 Amplitude Release Date, Price, and Full Soundtrack Revealed
But no word yet on when the PS3 edition will arrive.
After being delayed multiple times, Rock Band developer Harmonix's Amplitude game now has a new release date. The reboot of the PlayStation 2 cult classic will arrive on PlayStation 4 on January 5. You'll be able to buy the game digitally through the PlayStation Store on that date for $20.
New Nintendo Switch With Better Battery Life Announced - GS News Update Gamescom Starts August 20, Will Show More Cyberpunk 2077 - GS News Update Marvel's Avengers Story And Co-Op Details Announced At SDCC - GS News Update Next Pokemon Go Community Day Features Shiny Mudkip - GS News Update Where Is Xur Today? Destiny 2 Exotic Vendor Location Guide (7/19 - 7/23) Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare - 2v2 Gunfight Multiplayer Gameplay The Best Marvel Cosplay At SDCC 2019! Team Rocket Comes To Pokemon Go - GS News Update The Witcher - Official Netflix Teaser Trailer | SDCC 2019 Two More Halloween Sequels Are On The Way - GS News Update Gears 5 - Arcade Deathmatch Multiplayer Gameplay (Tech Test) Google Stadia Dev Talks "Netflix For Games" - GS News Update
People who backed the Amplitude Kickstarter campaign at $40 or above will get to play two weeks earlier, starting on December 23, Sony said in a PlayStation Blog post today.
The game is also coming to PlayStation 3, though a release date for that version was not announced.
Amplitude was originally slated to launch in March 2015. However, it was later delayed to summer and then again to its late December/early 2016 release date. The latest delay was the result of Harmonix deciding to increase the game's scope, adding things like online leaderboards, two new environments, and new game modes.
These include campaign, solo freeplay, free-for-all (for 2-4 players), and team play (1v3 or 2v2) modes. The game's soundtrack also rose from 16 songs to 30, the full list of which has now been announced and is available below.
Amplitude Song List:
- "All The Time" — C418
- "Assault on Psychofortress" — Single White Infidel
- "Astrosight" — Inter:sect Ft. Noelle LeBlanc & Naoko Takamoto
- "Break for Me" — James Landino Ft. Noelle LeBlanc
- "Concept"— Symbion Project
- "Crazy Ride" — Insomniac Games
- "Crypteque (1-2)" — Danny Baranowsky
- "Crystal" — George & Jonathan
- "Dalatecht" — Harmonix
- "Decode Me" — Inter:sect Ft. Noelle LeBlanc & Naoko Takamoto
- "Digital Paralysis" — Harmonix
- "Do Not Retreat" — Komputer Kontroller
- "Dreamer" — Harmonix
- "Energize" — Harmonix
- "Entomophobia" — M-Cue
- "Force Quit" — Jim Guthrie
- "Human Love" — Harmonix
- "I.C.U." — Harmonix
- "Impossible" — Darren Korb
- "Lights" — Wolfgun
- "Magpie" — Harmonix
- "Muze (Amplitude Remix)" — Ingrid Lukas, Remix by Patrik Zosso and Nik Bärtsch
- "Perfect Brain" — Harmonix
- "Phantoms" — Freezepop
- "Recession" — Jeff Allen Ft. Noelle LeBlanc & Naoko Takamoto
- "Red Giant" — Kodomo
- "Supraspatial" — Jeff Allen Ft. Naoko Takamoto
- "Synthesized" — Symbion Project
- "Unfinished Business" — Shiohito Taki & Junichi Kamiunten
- "Wayfarer" — Harmonix
- "Wetware" — Harmonix
Amplitude will be playable at PlayStation Experience this coming weekend; 112 other games will be, too.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org