The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Prime Day 2019 (Final Hours): Sekiro Drops To $45 (US)
Take up the sword.
Sekiro: Shadow's Die Twice takes From Software's distinct brand of challenging gameplay and adds new dimensions, requiring a new brand of skill in order to succeed. Admittedly, like all of From's games, Sekiro is the type that isn't for everyone--you'll need to undertake an uphill struggle to earn those moments of unparalleled satisfaction, so perhaps not one for a chill evening of gaming. But if working hard for your sweet victory sounds like the kind of thing you're up for, Amazon's Prime Day sale has a deal on one of the best games of the year--but not for long.
The PS4 and Xbox One versions of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice are available for $45, which is $15 less than the normal retail price. Admittedly, it's not a massive discount, but it's a very fair asking price for one of the most acclaimed video games of the year so far. It's sure to appear in more than a few Game of the Year lists towards the end of 2019. You might see a higher price listed on the product page, but below that you should see it designated as a Prime Day deal with a $45 price tag; you'll also see that when you proceed to checkout.
In GameSpot's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice review the game was awarded a 9/10. "The orchestration of intense one-on-one boss encounters that truly test your mettle, and slower-paced stealth sections that let you take on battles at your own pace, is masterful," reads the review.
"More so than in previous games, From Software has honed in on the inherent tension found in the challenging nature of its games, and uses it to incredible effect. Sekiro marries the developer's unique brand of gameplay with stealth action to deliver an experience that is as challenging as it is gratifying."
There's sure to be plenty of excellent deals over the course of the two-day sale, and you can track them all using our Amazon Prime Day hub. You'll find discounted DualShock 4 controllers, recent games like Kingdom Hearts 3 going cheap, and more there already, and we'll keep the hub update as more noteworthy deals appear.
More Amazon Prime Day 2019 coverage:
- Everything You Need To Know About Amazon Prime Day 2019
- Prime Day Gaming Deals: Best PS4 Deals On Games, Consoles, And More
- 7 Tips For Saving More During Amazon Prime Day 2019
- Not-Prime Day 2019: All The Best Sales That Aren't On Amazon
- Free Apex Legends Skins Coming To Twitch Prime Members For Prime Day
- GameStop Kicks Off Huge Summer Sale Just Before Prime Day
- The Best Prime Day Gaming PC Deals At Dell
- Ebay Sale Might Have You Rooting For Amazon To Crash During Prime Day
- New Exclusive Star Wars Funko Pop Launching For Amazon Prime Day
- The Free PC Games Twitch Prime Members Can Claim In July
- Walmart Prime Day Deals Include Xbox One Bundle With Headset, Controller For $300
- HyperX Gaming PC Accessories Are Getting Major Markdowns For Prime Day
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org