Prey Revealed at E3 2016, Not a Sequel or Remake [UPDATE]
[UPDATE] In a post-press conference interview, director Raphael Colantonio revealed more details about Prey. He said that it is not a sequel or a remake; instead, it's "a reimagining of the IP." He confirmed that the game won't be mission-based like Dishonored and will instead be one large area in which you can revisit areas and explore. Lastly, he revealed that you'll be able to play as either a male or female character. The original story follows.
Publisher Bethesda announced during its pre-E3 press briefing on Sunday that a Prey sequel is in development. The publisher introduced it with a debut trailer, starring a protagonist named Morgan, set in the year 2032.
Developed at Arkane Studios' Austin office, Prey promises to be a psychological thriller set in a dangerous universe. The trailer shows Morgan in both a residential setting, presumably on Earth, as well as in an off-world location. The trailer implies that Morgan is a test subject in a psychological experiment featuring hostile environments.
A rumor surfaced recently suggesting that a "completely reworked" version would be announced at E3.
BETHESDA E3 CONFERENCE - ALL THE NEWS
- Watch the First Dishonored 2 Gameplay Video Here--Developer Arkane showcases key game details for first time at E3 2016.
- Dishonored 2 – Official E3 Gameplay Trailer--Watch the official gameplay trailer for Dishonored 2
- Dishonored 2 Collector's Edition Revealed--Bethesda warns of limited supply.
- Prey Revealed at E3 2016--Bethesda reworks its Prey sequel into an Arkane-helmed first person adventure.
- Prey Reboot Trailer--Prey isn't dead! Check out the trailer for the reboot of Prey at the Bethesda Press Conference at E3.
Fallout 4/Fallout Shelter
- Big Fallout Shelter Update Coming Soon Alongside PC Version--Bethesda announces new details on what's next for Fallout Shelter.
- Fallout 4's Next DLC Revealed, New Release Coming Next Week--Here's what's coming to the acclaimed RPG later this year.
- New Fallout 4 DLC and Fallout Shelter E3 2016 Updates Trailer--Fallout 4 and Fallout Shelter have a ton of new updates for you to enjoy. Check out the reveal trailer.
- Fallout Shelter Reaches 50 Million Players--New milestone achieved one year after release.
- Watch First Trailer for Doom Dev's Quake: Champions--id Software is bringing back another beloved PC shooter.
- Quake Champions Reveal Trailer--Check out the E3 2016 teaser trailer for Quake Champions.
The Elder Scrolls
- Skyrim Remaster Announced for PS4, Xbox One, PC--Bethesda is releasing an HD version of the acclaimed and beloved 2011 RPG for new consoles later this year.
- Skyrim Special Edition at E3 2016--Watch the Skyrim Special Edition trailer seen at the Besthesda Conference at E3 2016.
- The Elder Scrolls Legends Release Expands to Mac, Android, and iPad--Check out the campaign trailer here.
- The Elder Scrolls Legends - Official E3 2016 Campaign Intro Cinematic--Learn more about the story in the intro cinematic for the campaign mode, revealed during the BE3 2016 Showcase.
- E3 2016: Elder Scrolls Online Update Lets Players Explore World Freely--One Tamriel lets all players explore the world freely after finishing the tutorial.
- Doom Getting Unto The Evil DLC, SnapMap Free Updates Coming--More free multiplayer modes to roll out over the coming months.
Fallout 4 and Doom VR Versions Announced--Fallout 4's VR edition is coming to HTC Vive in 2017.
New Wolfenstein teased--split second image during Quake trailer refers to "The New Colossus"
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.