Pokemon Sword / Shield Eevee Evolutions Guide: How To Get Every Eeveelution
You can evolve Eevee yourself or catch its evolutions in the Wild Area; here's where to find them.
Pokemon Sword and Shield introduce a variety of new Gen 8 Pokemon to the series, and much like previous games, many of these monsters--like Applin and Milcery--can only evolve using specific methods. However, the Switch games also introduce a couple of new ways to evolve old Pokemon--specifically Eevee, which you can catch fairly early on in your adventure at Route 4, just outside Turffield.
In past Pokemon titles, you could only obtain Glaceon or Leafeon by traveling to a specific location and leveling your Eevee up, but Sword and Shield have simplified this process by letting you evolve it using elemental stones. That isn't the only way you can obtain Eevee evolutions in the new Pokemon games, either. Below we've rounded up all the ways you can get Eevee evolutions in Pokemon Sword and Shield.
How To Evolve Eevee
As previously mentioned, the only way you could evolve Eevee into Glaceon or Leafeon in previous Pokemon games was by traveling to the Ice or Moss Rock and leveling the Pokemon up. Neither rock appears in Pokemon Sword and Shield, so Game Freak has changed the way to obtain these evolutions. Now, you can evolve Eevee into Glaceon or Leafeon simply by using the Ice Stone or Leaf Stone on it.
These are the only two Eevee evolution methods that have been changed in Sword and Shield; you can still obtain the other evolutions the same way as in past games. That means if you want to evolve Eevee into Sylveon, you need to play with it often while camping out to increase its affection toward you. If you need a refresher on how to evolve Eevee into its other forms, we've outlined all the Eevee evolution methods below.
|Eevee Evolution||How To Evolve|
|Espeon||Level up during day when Friendship is high|
|Umbreon||Level up during night when Friendship is high|
|Sylveon||Level up when Affection is high and it knows a Fairy-type move|
Pokemon Sword And Shield News & Guides
Other Ways To Obtain Eevee Evolutions
In addition to catching an Eevee and evolving it yourself, you can also capture Eevee evolutions in the Wild Area, specifically at the Lake of Outrage. Eevee evolutions will reliably spawn in the area, although which one you encounter will depend on the weather. You can see the Eevee evolutions we've encountered at the Lake of Outrage and what weather conditions they appeared in below.
|Wild Eevee Evolution||Weather It Appears In|
Pokemon Sword & Shield Guides
- Pokemon Sword & Shield Max Raid Guide
- Pokemon Sword & Shield Weather Guide: Symbols, Conditions, And More
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: How Do Fossils Work?
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: How To Get Gigantamax Pokemon
- Pokemon Sword & Shield Eevee Guide: How To Get Every Eevee Evolution
- Pokemon Sword & Shield Stone Evolutions Guide: Which Pokemon Evolve With Which Stones?
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: How To Unlock Mew
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: Essential Tips To Help Get You Started
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: Where To Catch Cool And Rare Pokemon
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: How To Evolve Applin
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: How To Evolve Sinistea Into Polteageist
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: How To Evolve Galarian Linoone Into Obstagoon
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: How To Evolve Milcery into Alcremie
- Pokemon Won't Drop Its Guard - What Does That Mean?
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: What Are Watts?
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com