Pokemon Shuffle is Nintendo's Next Free-to-Play 3DS Game
Match-three style puzzle game is free, with micropayments model.
19 Things We Learned From The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct Top New Video Games Releasing On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- February 16-22, 2020 Who Is Persona 5’s Best Confidant? Fortnite Chapter 2 - Season 2 - Official Battle Pass Gameplay Trailer Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Nintendo Direct 2/20/2020 Fortnite Chapter 2 - Season 2 - Top Secret Launch Trailer Fight Us In Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r] On PS4 | GameSpot Community Fridays Destiny 2 Xur Location Guide February 21 Getting An S Rank & A Perfect Combo In Bloodroots Devil May Cry 3 - Special Edition Nintendo Switch Launch Trailer Under Night In-Birth Exe:[cl-r] - Launch Trailer Animal Crossing, Dreams, And Last Of Us 2 Being Pulled From PAX | GameSpot After Dark #29
Nintendo has revealed match-three puzzle game for 3DS, called Pokemon Shuffle, that will release on the handheld in February.
The game, available for free, is similar in style to the likes of Bejeweled and Candy Crush, though with gems replaced by faces of popular Pokemon. Players must line these up in rows of three for them to disappear. The twist on the match-three format is that a player will have a limited number of moves available to create a certain number of matches, meaning that in some cases thinking ahead is required with chain combos lined up.
Nintendo says that players "will be able to take advantage of their own Pokémon’s type during gameplay".
It explains: "Players will also be able to raise the level of their Pokémon as they play, enabling them to deal even more damage. Some Pokémon can even Mega Evolve, just like those in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Mega-Evolved Pokémon are able to remove many wild Pokémon from the Puzzle Area at a time."
Pokemon Shuffle will be available for free, with the game offering five play sessions. Once this is depleted, the play allocation is restored over time. However, players can pay to speed up this process.
Nintendo has not revealed how much it will charge for each replenishment of play sessions.
Nintendo Direct: All The News
- Re-watch the full Nintendo Direct video here
- New 3DS Release Date Confirmed -- Only XL version coming to the US
- Metroid Prime Trilogy Set for Wii U Re-release, along with Mario Galaxy 2 and more
- Take a Closer Look at This Gorgeous Majora's Mask 3DS XL
- New Fire Emblem for 3DS revealed
- Tekken Director Making Exclusive free-to-play Wii U Game
- New trailer for Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Trailer
- Next wave of Amiibo and the new Super Mario Amiibo series listed
- Majora's Mask on 3DS coming Feburary 13, has a gorgeous special edition
- Pokemon Shuffle is Nintendo's Next Free-to-Play 3DS Game
- Can't Find Marth Amiibo, Nintendo Say More are Coming
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com