Pokemon Shuffle is Nintendo's Next Free-to-Play 3DS Game
Match-three style puzzle game is free, with micropayments model.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Best New Netflix TV Shows & Movies To Watch (November 2018) Destiny 2 Ascendant Challenge Video Guide -- Week 5 (Nov. 13-20) Where Is Xur? Destiny 2 Exotic Weapons And Armor Video Guide (Nov. 16-20) Battlefield 5 Vs. Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 | Versus Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu And Eevee Gameplay Livestream Fortnite - Fish Trophy Locations (Season 6, Week 8) Rainbow Six Siege Pro League 3 Rio De Janeiro 2018 Finals And More Battlefield V Video Review Should You Wait On Battlefield 5? 6 Minutes of Sunset Overdrive On PC Max Settings Pokemon Let’s Go: Tips You Should Know Before Starting Devil May Cry TV Show From Castlevania's Adi Shankar Announced - GameSpot Universe News Update
Nintendo has revealed match-three puzzle game for 3DS, called Pokemon Shuffle, that will release on the handheld in February.
The game, available for free, is similar in style to the likes of Bejeweled and Candy Crush, though with gems replaced by faces of popular Pokemon. Players must line these up in rows of three for them to disappear. The twist on the match-three format is that a player will have a limited number of moves available to create a certain number of matches, meaning that in some cases thinking ahead is required with chain combos lined up.
Nintendo says that players "will be able to take advantage of their own Pokémon’s type during gameplay".
It explains: "Players will also be able to raise the level of their Pokémon as they play, enabling them to deal even more damage. Some Pokémon can even Mega Evolve, just like those in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Mega-Evolved Pokémon are able to remove many wild Pokémon from the Puzzle Area at a time."
Pokemon Shuffle will be available for free, with the game offering five play sessions. Once this is depleted, the play allocation is restored over time. However, players can pay to speed up this process.
Nintendo has not revealed how much it will charge for each replenishment of play sessions.
Nintendo Direct: All The News
- Re-watch the full Nintendo Direct video here
- New 3DS Release Date Confirmed -- Only XL version coming to the US
- Metroid Prime Trilogy Set for Wii U Re-release, along with Mario Galaxy 2 and more
- Take a Closer Look at This Gorgeous Majora's Mask 3DS XL
- New Fire Emblem for 3DS revealed
- Tekken Director Making Exclusive free-to-play Wii U Game
- New trailer for Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Trailer
- Next wave of Amiibo and the new Super Mario Amiibo series listed
- Majora's Mask on 3DS coming Feburary 13, has a gorgeous special edition
- Pokemon Shuffle is Nintendo's Next Free-to-Play 3DS Game
- Can't Find Marth Amiibo, Nintendo Say More are Coming
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org