Pokemon Go's October 2019 Field Research Now Live
Here are the Field Research tasks available in PoGo this month.
A new month is now underway, which means Niantic has rolled out a new batch of Field Research tasks in Pokemon Go. As usual, you can receive these tasks by spinning the Photo Disc at Poke Stops, and each one you complete will net you rewards such as items, XP, or encounters with certain Pokemon.
You can complete as many Field Research tasks as you want each day, but the first one you clear will reward you with a stamp. If you can accumulate seven stamps, you'll achieve a Research Breakthrough. Not only does this reward you with a ton of XP and Stardust, it also results in an encounter with a rare Pokemon.
Pokemon Go News & Announcements
In the past, the Pokemon you encounter through Research Breakthroughs would typically be a Legendary. Just as in September, however, each time you achieve a Research Breakthrough this month, you'll encounter an Eevee wearing a floral crown. This special Eevee first appeared in Go last year to celebrate the release of Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee, giving you another chance to add one to your collection if you missed it the first time around.
Flower crown Eevee will be available through Research Breakthroughs until November 1, when Niantic rolls out a new set of Field Research tasks. Until then, you can see the list of Field Research tasks currently available in Pokemon Go below.
October may have only just begun, but a lot is happening in Pokemon Go right now. Altered Forme Giratina is still available in Raids and will be featured in many of this month's Legendary Raid Hours. Niantic has also revealed three mysterious new Team Rocket characters who'll be appearing in the game soon. Meanwhile, October's Community Day is set for Saturday, October 12.
Pokemon Go October Field Research Tasks
- Battle a team leader 2 times -- Natu encounter
- Battle another trainer twice -- Electrike encounter
- Battle in a gym 5 times -- Machop encounter
- Battle in a gym -- Mankey or Makuhita encounter
- Battle in a raid -- Spoink encounter
- Catch 10 Pokemon -- Magikarp encounter
- Catch 15 Pokemon -- Sandshrew encounter
- Catch 3 Dark-type Pokemon -- Poochyena encounter
- Catch 3 different species of Psychic-type Pokemon -- Drowzee encounter
- Catch 3 Water, Electric or Fire type Pokemon -- Doduo encounter
- Catch 4 Ice or Grass-type Pokemon -- Seel encounter
- Catch 5 Fairy-Type Pokemon -- Marill encounter
- Catch 5 Normal-type Pokemon -- Zigzagoon encounter
- Catch 5 Pokemon with weather boost -- Poliwag or Vulpix encounter
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokemon -- Dratini encounter
- Earn 3 candies walking with your buddy -- Ponyta encounter
- Evolve a Pokemon -- Cubone encounter
- Hatch 3 eggs -- Magmar encounter
- Hatch an egg -- Exeggcute or Hoppip encounter
- Make 3 Great throws in a row -- Onix encounter
- Make 3 Great Throws -- Buneary, Gastly, Anorith, or Lileep encounter
- Make 5 Great Curveball Throws in a row -- Spinda #3 encounter
- Make 5 Nice Throws -- Voltorb encounter
- Power up Pokemon 5 times -- Squirtle, Charmander, or Bulbasaur encounter
- Send 10 Gifts to friends -- Sneasel encounter
- Take 5 snapshots of Eevee -- Gulpin encounter
- Trade a Pokemon -- Bronzor encounter
- Transfer 3 Pokemon -- Sableye encounter
- Use 10 Nanab Berries while catching Pokemon -- Scyther encounter
- Use 5 berries to help catch Pokemon -- Snorunt encounter
- Use 5 Razzberries to help catch Pokemon -- Swinub encounter
- Use a super-effective charged attack in 7 gym battles -- Electabuzz encounter
- Win 3 Gym battles -- Jynx encounter
- Win 5 raids -- Aerodactyl encounter
- Win a Gym battle -- Squirtle, Charmander, or Bulbasaur encounter
- Win a level 3 or higher raid -- Omanyte or Kabuto encounter
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation