Pokemon Go's First Incense Day Event Now Live
The new event takes place this Sunday, April 19, and brings out different types of Pokemon throughout the day.
Pokemon Go is holding a new kind of event this weekend. The game's first-ever Incense Day takes place today, April 19, and it brings out certain types of Pokemon throughout the day, including another Shiny.
At different points during the event, Incense that you use in the game will attract different types of Pokemon. The kinds of monsters that will appear will rotate every hour according to the following schedule:
- 11 AM - 12 PM local time: Water-type Pokemon like Poliwag, Tentacool, Spheal, and Clamperl
- 12 - 1 PM local time: Fire-type Pokemon like Growlithe, Ponyta, Houndour, and Litwick
- 1 - 2 PM local time: Grass-type Pokemon like Oddish, Roselia, Lileep, and Ferroseed
- 2 - 3 PM local time: Psychic-type Pokemon like Slowpoke, Baltoy, Bronzor, and Gothita
- 3 - 4 PM local time: Bug-type Pokemon like Caterpie, Ledyba, Skorupi, and Joltik
- 4 - 5 PM local time: Ground-type Pokemon like Wooper, Barboach, Hippopotas, and Drilbur
In addition to those Pokemon, Sentret will appear much more often throughout the Incense Day event, regardless of what the featured type is, and you'll have a chance to catch a Shiny one. Niantic will also offer an event-exclusive bundle that will cost one PokeCoin and contain three Incenses. You can read more about the Incense Day event on the official Pokemon Go website.
In other Pokemon Go news, Niantic will soon be adding Remote Raid Passes to the game. As their name suggests, these will allow you to join a nearby Raid without leaving home. The developer has other tweaks in the work as well; you'll soon be able to activate multiple Lucky Eggs, Star Pieces, and Incenses at a time, as well as power up your Pokemon much more quickly by feeding them multiple Candies and Stardust at once.
Pokemon Go News & Announcements
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com
Join the conversation