Pokemon Go Thousand Year Slumber Quests - How To Catch Jirachi
The Mythical Jirachi has made its debut in PoGo; here's what you need to do to catch it.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Pokemon Go's Ultra Bonuses have come and gone, and they brought a ton of exciting rewards to the hit Pokemon mobile game. Not only did Niantic introduce the first wave of Gen 5 Pokemon to the title, the Mythical Pokemon Jirachi has also officially made its debut in Go as part of a new Special Research questline called "A Thousand-Year Slumber."
To catch the Mythical Pokemon, you'll first need to complete a variety of Research tasks. There are seven sets of tasks in total, and many of them revolve around Pokemon that hail from the Hoenn region. A few of the quests, however, will require you to do some battling, so you'll need to put in a lot of work to complete the entire line. Once you've cleared all of the Special Research tasks, you'll earn the chance to capture Jirachi.
You can check out the full list of Thousand-Year Slumber quests below. This questline was previously available at this year's Pokemon Go Fests; if you completed it while at one of those events, then you'll earn extra Jirachi Candies instead. All players who complete the questline will also receive a special Jirachi shirt for their avatar.
Thousand-Year Slumber Quests
- Catch 25 Pokemon -- 1,000 XP
- Spin 10 PokeStops or Gyms -- Jigglypuff encounter
- Make 3 new friends -- Feebas encounter
Rewards: Glacial Lure, Mossy Lure, and Magnetic Lure
- Catch 3 Whismur -- 10 Whismur Candies
- Evolve a Feebas -- 1,500 XP
- Catch 90 Pokemon in the Hoenn Pokedex -- 1,500 XP
Rewards: 2,000 Stardust, 10 Poke Balls, 3 Incense
- Take a snapshot of Loudred -- Snorlax encounter
- Make 3 Great throws in a row -- 2,000 XP
- Earn 3 Candies walking with your buddy -- 2,000 XP
Rewards: 20 Silver Pinap Berries, 3 Star Pieces, 2,000 Stardust
- Catch 50 Psychic- or Steel-type Pokemon -- 2,500 XP
- Power up Pokemon 10 times -- 2,500 XP
- Send 10 gifts to friends -- 2,500 XP
Rewards: Fast TM, Charge TM, Premium Raid Pass
- Battle a team leader 3 times -- Kricketune encounter
- Win against another trainer 7 times -- 3,000 XP
- Win 5 Raids -- 3,000 XP
Rewards: 3 Rare Candies, 20 Ultra Balls, 3,000 Stardust
- Take 5 photos of Steel or Psychic Pokemon -- Chimecho encounter
- Make 3 Excellent curveball throws -- Bronzong encounter
- Spin a PokeStop 7 days in a row -- 4,000 XP
Rewards: 10 Silver Pinap Berries, 10 Star Pieces, 5,000 Stardust
Reward: Jirachi encounter
Pokemon Go News
Pokemon Go Ultra Bonuses
The Thousand-Year Slumber questline isn't the only Ultra Bonus reward that Niantic is offering. Beginning September 2, the developer will be making a variety of other bonuses and special Pokemon available in the game for a limited time. There will be a new set of bonuses each week between September 2 and 23, and they include the appearance of new Shiny Pokemon as well as the first Gen 5 monsters. You can see all of the bonuses below.
- Entei, Raikou, Suicune, and other Johto Pokemon will appear in Raid Battles
- Unown U, L, T, R, and A may hatch from 10 km Pokemon eggs
- Shiny Sentret and Shiny Gligar will appear in the wild
- Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, and Tauros may hatch from 7 km eggs. You may also hatch their Shiny forms
- All four forms of Deoxys will appear in five-star Raid Battles
- Pokemon effective against Deoxys will appear in other tier Raids
- Klink and Shiny Klink will appear in Raid Battles
- Shiny Patrat and Shiny Lillipup will appear in the wild
- Mewtwo that know Psystrike will appear in five-star Raids, as will Shiny Mewtwo
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com