Pokemon Go Leak Reveals A Lot of Details
Pokemon Go will feature the original 151 Pokemon.
Details on the upcoming mobile game Pokemon Go have been leaked. The leaks stem from the current Japanese field test, and they seem to have revealed the number of Pokemon, as well as other things like microtransactions and items.
The information was collected and posted on the Pokemon Go subreddit. It says the game will include only the original 151 Pokemon, while all Pokemon types including Fairy, Dark, and Steel are present in the files--some of the original Pokemon were given new types as more were created and the series went on.
In-app purchases are also mentioned in the leaks. One leaker spotted microtransactions for "ball," "medicine," "food" bundles, and "gem" packs. It's not said what exactly each one contains or how much they'll cost. Items were also detailed and are said to be split up into six different categories: Pokeball, Medicine, Food, Boost, Utilities, and Camera.
The Reddit post includes a Google Drive link of some gameplay. It doesn't show off any Pokemon encounters, but it does feature the character creator, a map, and item menus. You can check it out for yourself right here.
You can check out all of the leaked details over on Reddit, but we've collected some of the highlights below:
- All 151 original Pokemon included and separated into three classes: Normal, Legendary, and Mythic.
- 232 moves, 95 of which are 'quick' moves. These include moves that are not in Pokemon Red / Blue / Yellow / Green Version.
- Someone found a dodge function. Moves may not have 100% accuracy.
- Badges are Pokemon Go's version of Achievements and include walking a certain distance, Pokedex entries, and Pokemon captures, among others.
- 7 "natures" have been discovered in the game: Stoic, Guardian, Assassin, Raider, Protector, Sentry, and Champion.
- All Pokemon types, including Fairy, Dark, and Steel, are included in the files.
- Evolution works by collecting "evolution shards" from wild Pokemon to get "evolution stones." May or may not be unique for each Pokemon.
- The game keeps track of things like distance walked, eggs hatched, etc. Walking may affect eggs hatching.
- Trainer customization. There are 52 items in total.
- In-app purchases have been spotted and include "ball", "medicine", "food" bundles and "gem" packs. There are four tiers.
- Items found include Pokeballs, Potions, Max Revive, 3 battle items, and 5 types of Berries (Razz, Bluk, Nanab, Pinap, Wepear). These are then separated into six categories: Pokeball, Food, Medicine, Boost, Utilities, and Camera.
- The trainer level cap seems to be at 50 for now. Inventory limit is 1000 for items and 500 for Pokemon and eggs.
- The menu includes the Pokedex, Pokemon, and Items. Game engine is built on Unity.
- The teams are blue, red, and yellow.
- There seems to be a day-night cycle.
If you want to see more of the game in action, you can check out this footage of a Pokemon being caught.
[UPDATE] The Reddit user who created the thread above has changed all of the thread's links to direct to images unrelated to Pokemon Go or its leak. The link is no longer a valid source.