PlayStation's Final State Of Play Of 2019 Promises New Game Reveals
Rounding out the year.
Sony is promising around 20 minutes of new game reveals, release date announcements, new gameplay footage, and more. Just don't expect anything related to the company's next-gen plans--it says it's staying tight-lipped for now.
Artwork for a Resident Evil 3 Remake has already leaked on the PlayStation Network, so it would make sense for Capcom's latest to appear officially during next week's State of Play, perhaps with a release date attached. We already know PS4 exclusives The Last of Us Part II and Final Fantasy VII Remake are launching in 2020, but Ghost of Tsushima is less certain. Fans have been clamouring for more from Sucker Punch's samurai action game since it was revealed at E3 2018, so many will be waiting with bated breath to see if it reemerges during the final State of Play of the year.
State of Play News
- Resident Evil 3 Remake: Release Date, Trailer, Pre-Order Details, And More
- Resident Evil 3 Pre-Orders Available: Collector's Edition, Pre-Order Bonus, Release Date
- PS4 Creation Game Dreams Has A Sweet Release Date
- Babylon's Fall Gets New Gameplay Trailer During State Of Play 2019
- New Ghost Of Tsushima Trailer Will Be Revealed At Game Awards
- Resident Evil 3 Remake Release Date Set, Includes RE Resistance
- PS4 December 2019 State Of Play News Roundup
The timing of this latest episode is curious, though, considering The Game Awards airs a couple of days later on December 12. The annual show is known for its big announcements, and the 2019 edition is set to reveal 10 new games/projects between handing out all of the awards. Show organiser Geoff Keighley says none of the 10 have leaked yet. This rules out the Resident Evil 3 Remake, and it seems unlikely there will be any crossover in reveals between the two shows. Either way, next week should be exciting as 2020's release lineup begins to form.