PlayStation VR Will Have Free Demo Disc, Here's The Games on It
Get a demo disc full of VR game samplers when you pick up the PlayStation VR headset.
Sony has announced its PlayStation VR headset will include a free demo disc when it launches on October 13. In total, there will be eight games to sample, which Sony says will provide "the perfect introduction to your new virtual reality world."
The following games are included on the demo disc, with descriptions provided by the PlayStation Blog:
- DriveClub VR: Feel the speed of high-octane racing in an entirely new way--you've literally never seen DriveClub like this before.
- PlayStation VR Worlds: In this demo you get to make a splash in the perilous waters of Ocean Descent, one of the five PS VR experiences available in the full game. Amazing sights, a lost secret and extreme danger all await
- Rigs Mechanized Combat League: Master some of the most sophisticated and athletic fighting machinery ever created, in fast-paced arena combat--this is the future of sport.
- Tumble VR: Explore a new dimension in puzzling with a fully 3D version of the classic block stacking game.
- Battlezone: Experience tomorrow’s battlefield today in the powerful Cobra tank, and demolish all that trundles in your path.
- EVE Valkyrie: Take to the stars and blast your way through swarms of enemy fighters in nerve-shredding space bound battles.
- Wayward Sky: Soar among the beauty of the clouds in search for your father, in a crumbling airborne fortress.
Headmaster: Have a little kick around (erm… with your head) over at the wonderful Football Improvement Centre, which is most certainly not a prison of any kind whatsoever.
The contents of the PlayStation VR demo disc were confirmed on the PlayStation Europe blog. It is unclear if the disc will be available in other territories, or if the same games will be included. GameSpot has contacted Sony for clarification.
PlayStation VR will launch on October 13 and requires PlayStation 4, as well as a PlayStation Camera. The headset is priced at $400 on its own, but you can purchase it in a bundle that comes with the headset, two PlayStation Move controllers, a PlayStation Camera, and the PlayStation Worlds game for $500.
The headset is likely to be featured during the PlayStation Meeting event on September 7. It is believes this is where we're Sony will also show off the PlayStation Neo, so we may learn how PlayStation VR works with the new, more powerful Neo.
Since the Neo has better specs than the existing PS4, it may be that PlayStation VR games either look or perform better on the hardware, but as of yet this has not been confirmed. Sony is also expected to show a slimline version of the PS4 during the event.
Further details on how and when you can watch the PlayStation Meeting can be found here.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org