PlayStation VR Will Be Playable at Australian Shopping Centres For Limited Time
Try PlayStation VR for free.
PlayStation Australia and Westfield have announced plans for PlayStation VR experiences, which will be available during select dates at chosen Westfield locations around Australia. Participants will be able to get hands-on with the PlayStation VR at these events, ahead of the headset's launch in the country on October 13.
Those who are interested in trying out the PlayStation VR can register on the official website, although spots aren't guaranteed. Emails will be sent to users who registered when the bookings go live for the PlayStation VR booth. The following locations and dates have been confirmed:
- Westfield Southland (VIC) – 10th, 11th September 2016
- Westfield Knox (VIC) – 17th, 18th September 2016
- Westfield Belconnen (ACT) – 24th, 25th September 2016
- Westfield Parramatta (NSW) – 8th, 9th October 2016
- Westfield Bondi (NSW) – 15th, 16th October 2016
- Westfield Chatswood (NSW) – 22nd, 23rd & 29th, 30th October 2016
- Westfield Hornsby (NSW) – 12th, 13th November 2016
- Westfield Garden City (QLD) – 19th, 20th & 26th, 27th November 2016
Participants who try the headset can also enter a competition to win one. PlayStation VR is scheduled for release in Australia on October 13, with a RRP of A$550.
Sony previously announced similar plans for PlayStation VR in the United States, with the headset to be publicly usable at more than 300 locations. There were several games for people to demo, including PlayStation VR Worlds, Eve: Valkyrie, Headmaster, Battlezone, and Superhypercube. This slate of games playable will expand before the PS VR officially launches on October 13.
At E3 2016 we were able to go hands-on with several PS VR games, including Resident Evil 7, Farpoint, and Psychonauts--see what we thought of the games here. In addition, Square Enix recently spoke more about the Final Fantasy XV VR experience.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com