PlayStation Plus Free July Games Include TowerFall and Dead Space 3
Sony announces the six free games that Plus members in North America will receive in July.
New PUBG Game From Call Of Duty Dev Announced - GS News Update Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- June 23-29 2019 Fortnite - Where To Find All Beach Party Locations | 14 Days Of Summer Challenge Guide Free PS4 PlayStation Plus Games For July 2019 Revealed According To A Leak, Steam's 2019 Summer Sale Is Starting Very Soon - GS News Update It's 2019 And The Wii U Is Getting An Update - GS News Update Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot Is Adding New Character Backstories to Canon - GS News Update Best Games Of 2019 (So Far) Montage Gaming Might Get More Expensive But Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony Are Fighting Back - GS News Update Devil May Cry For Nintendo Switch - 20 Minutes Of Action-Packed Gameplay Fortnite - How To Easily Cheese The Beach Ball Bounce Challenge | 14 Days Of Summer Guide The OMEN Esports Report LIVE
Update: Sony has announced the list of Plus games that will be available to those in North America, and it's identical save for one game: In place of LEGO Batman 2, U.S. Vita owners will get Muramasa Rebirth. These games will be available beginning on July 1 and, despite an erroneous statement on Sony's part, Doki Doki Universe supports Cross-Buy on all three systems.
Original Story: The batch of free games that PlayStation Plus members in Europe will receive in July have been announced, and they include some recent, high-quality games. As Sony began doing last month, it will offer two free games for each of its three current platforms: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita.
- TowerFall: Ascension: The multiplayer-focused action/platformer was originally released on Ouya before making it to PC and PS4 in March. Read GameSpot's review
- Strider: The 2D action game Strider, which was released in February, is a revival of the long-dormant franchise. Read GameSpot's review
- Dead Space 3: The most recent game in the action/horror series introduced a quality co-op mode when it launched early last year. Read GameSpot's review
- Vessel: This indie platformer places an emphasis on solving physics-based puzzles.
- [North America only] Muramasa Rebirth: This is the Vita port of Vanillaware's gorgeous Wii action-RPG, Muramasa: The Demon Blade. Read GameSpot's review
- [Europe only] LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes: One of the many LEGO games on the market, this one is set in an open world. Read GameSpot's review
- Doki Doki Universe: This colorful indie game supports cross-play with PS3 and PS4, meaning owners of those consoles get three games next month. Read GameSpot's review
All six games will be made available to European PlayStation Plus members on July 2. That's the same day that the current free offerings--including PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time--will leave the service, so be sure to download those sometime in the next week if you haven't already. By simply initiating a download on any of these Instant Game Collection titles, they will be permanently added to your library so they can be played or re-downloaded for as long as you remain a Plus member.
Free PlayStation Plus games for North America have not yet been officially announced, but we will update this story with details as soon as they are made available.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org