Play "Snow Brawl" in Heroes of the Storm Right Now
Throw snowballs to win.
There are two types of snowball items--fluffy snowball and heavy snowball. You can pick them up throughout the map, and you're able to hold one at a time. As usual, the goal is to destroy the enemy side's core. You can see the full rundown of Snow Brawl rules below.
Players who complete three matches will earn 1,000 Gold and this rad-looking portrait:
Snow Brawl Rules
As written by Blizzard (via DualShockers)
- Pick from one of three randomly selected Heroes before entering the Cursed Hollow. Be quick about it though, you only have 30 seconds to choose!
- Two types of Snowball items will appear on the ground throughout the match
- Fluffy Snowball
- A speedy snowball that hits a single enemy Hero in a line skill-shot while ignoring Minions and Structures
- Knocks targets back and deals significant damage
- Heavy Snowball
- An area-targeted explosion of snow that deals extra damage to non-Heroic targets
- Adds a 60% slow to all damaged targets that decays over 2 seconds
- Throw Snowball ability will appear next to your ability bar when you are holding a Snowball (Default Hotkey: F)
- Heroes can walk over Snowballs to pick them up and can only hold one Snowball at a time
- Fluffy Snowball
- Tribute Spawns
- When the first tribute phase arrives, two tributes will initially spawn together - one five seconds after the other.
- When a player picks up a tribute, a new one will spawn somewhere else after a 5 second delay, meaning there will generally be two tributes alive.
- This type of "rolling" tribute spawning continues until either team is cursed.
- Tributes do not spawn during a curse or for 60 seconds after a curse.
- The event will never spawn enough tributes to allow both teams to get cursed at the same time.
- Destroy the enemy team's Core to win the match!
In other news about Heroes of the Storm, Blizzard recently revealed the game's newest playable hero character.
For more on how other games are celebrating the holidays, check out GameSpot's roundup.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.