PC and Xbox One exclusive Titanfall is the top-selling US game for March
The NPD released their monthly sales data, and Titanfall came out on top overall.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
NPD released their monthly US sales report today, and the Xbox One/PC exclusive Titanfall has come out on top.
According to an NPD press release, "Titanfall was the top-selling game for March 2014, with a solid attach rate to the Xbox One. After one month of sales, it is currently the second-highest selling game for the Xbox One." NPD did not specify the current top-selling Xbox One game, but given past performance, that crown likely goes to Call of Duty: Ghosts.
The NPD writes that, overall, softwares sales were down 42% year on year due to "poor comparisons to new launches from last March. ... last March we saw eight of the top 10 games were new launches with games like Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Gears of War: Judgment, God of War: Ascension. This March saw six of the top ten games as new launches with Titanfall, inFamous Second Son, South Park: The Stick Of Truth, and Dark Souls II."
However, the NPD notes, "When comparing the first five months of sales for the Xbox One and PS4 to their predecessor’s first five months, total Xbox One and PS4 sales are up close to 60 percent."
The full list, encompassing physical retail only, is below:
- Titanfall (XBO, PC) | Electronic Arts
- inFAMOUS Second Son (PS4) | Sony (Corp)
- South Park: The Stick Of Truth (360, PS3, PC) | Ubisoft
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, NWU, PC) | Activision Blizzard (Corp)
- Dark Souls II (PS3, 360) | Namco Bandai Games (Corp)
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360) | Konami Digital Ent.
- NBA 2K14 (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, PC) | Take 2 Interactive (Corp)
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3, PSV) | Square Enix Inc (Corp)
- The LEGO Movie Videogame (360, PS3, 3DS, NWU, XBO, PS4, PSV) | Warner Bros. Interactive
- Minecraft (360) | Microsoft (Corp)
The top-selling PC game overall was Diablo III: Reaper of Souls expansion.
And Yoshi's New Island was the "the 10th highest-selling SKU for March 2014, but did not rank in the top ten when looking at title-level sales."
On the console side, both the PS4 and Xbox One continue to sell well, driving strong growth over the previous year, but "Sony’s PS4 led hardware sales for the third month in a row."