Payday 2 and DLC Gets Permanent Price Cut
Payday 2 has a new low price.
More than a year after launch, the heist-themed cooperative first person shooter Payday 2 and its numerous DLC are getting a permanent price reduction, developer Overkill has announced.
"Heisters, we're thankful for your support thus far," Overkill said. "As we continue to develop Payday 2, working on additional free updates as well as paid DLC, we feel it's time to adjust the pricing of both Payday 2 as well as all DLC released during the first 16 months of its lifespan."
Here's a full list of the new prices:
- Payday 2 -- $20 (formerly $30)
- Payday 2: GOTY Edition -- $50 (formerly $80)
- Heist Bundle -- $14 (formerly $25)
- Gage Weapon Pack -- $18 (formerly $30)
- Clover Character Pack -- $3 (formerly $5)
- Gage Historical Pack -- $3 (formerly $5)
- Hotline Miami DLC -- $4 (formerly $7)
- Gage Shotgun Pack -- $3 (formerly $5)
- The Big Bank Heist -- $4 (formerly $7)
- Gage Sniper Pack -- $3 (formerly $5)
- Gage Mod Courier -- $3 (formerly $5)
- Gage Weapon Pack #02 -- $3 (formerly $5)
- Gage weapon Pack #01 -- $3 (formerly $5)
- Armored Transport -- $4 (formerly $7)
- The official soundtrack -- $3 (formerly $5)
For more on Payday 2's latest update, which includes the new Meltdown Heist, check out Overkill's blog.
Console players who've been waiting for an updated version of the game will be happy to learn that 505 Games and Overkill on Thursday announced that Payday 2: Crimewave Edition, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version of the heist-themed shooter, will arrive on June 16.
The new version of Payday 2 comes with more than two dozen DLC packs, including the Big Bank Heist, as well as the game's first female character, Clover. The Crimewave Edition also features enhanced visuals (compared to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions), including improved frame rate, better textures, and 1080p resolution.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org