Patch Notes Released For Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare And Warzone Updates
Solo mode is now available in Call of Duty: Warzone, letting you dive in to a free-for-all with no teammates.
A new update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is now available, as is a playlist update for the game's multiplayer. Any Modern Warfare patch now also has the potential to impact Warzone, a standalone free-to-play battle royale game that is included in Modern Warfare as an additional multiplayer mode, and that happens to be the case here. It's a fan-requested change too--the addition of a Solo mode to Warzone, which originally launched as a three-person squad-based battle royale game like Apex Legends. [Update: A new set of CoD patch notes are now available for the March 26 update, which came after a short delay. Among other things, it introduces a brand-new map for free to all players in Modern Warfare, as well as a new Operator. There are also new weapons in CoD: Warzone.]
Prior to this update, the only playlist in Warzone allowed for teams of three to compete against each other (although you could, technically, join a match without any teammates). Now, you'll be able to do battle without having to worry about enemy squads or anything of the sort--you'll win or (more likely) lose based solely on your own actions. Whether that's the ideal way to play remains to be seen, but it's an option for those who are teammate-averse.
Elsewhere in the update, Modern Warfare's multiplayer has added Cranked Kill Confirmed, Mercenary Moshpit, and 10v10 Atlas Superstory 24/7 playlists. Additionally, alongside the recently added DLC, Gunfight has gotten a St. Patrick's Day theme.
In terms of fixes, Infinity Ward has made good on a recent promise, as kills in Warzone are now credited to the player who downed an enemy. Previously, the player who finished off the downed player was awarded the kill.
Call of Duty News
- Best Call Of Duty: Vanguard Weapons And Loadouts
- How To Find All Der Anfang Intel In Call Of Duty: Vanguard Zombies
- Best Weapons And Tips For Der Anfang In Call Of Duty: Vanguard Zombies
- + Show More Call of Duty News Links (2)
- How To Unlock The Coveted Mastery Camos In Call Of Duty: Vanguard
- Call Of Duty: Vanguard And Warzone Season 1 Start Date And Details
You can check out the full patch notes below.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone Patch Notes
- Cranked Kill Confirmed
- Mercenary Moshpit
- Atlas Superstore 24/7 (10v10) “Doorbuster 24/7”
- Gunfight is now St. Patrick’s Day themed!
- Solo Mode! That's right. Just you.
- Fix for a rare bug where players could have increased movement speed after coming out of the Gulag and back into the game
- Fixed a bug where players may find their weapon in a stowed position and are unable to reload or use their weapon
- In some cases, players could become stuck under Buy Stations when prone. This has been fixed
- The Threat UI could disappear from the screen if players complete a contract while they are being hunted from a Bounty Contract. This has been fixed
- Updated text to “Redeploy Squadmate” to make it a little more obvious on screen when you can buy back a teammate
- Fix for the last objective in the “Boats and Trains” Mission not tracking as intended
- Kills are now credited to the player who downed the enemy player.
- Fix for an exploit where players were able to shoot while downed
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to deposit cash using balloons if their settings were set to “Contextual Tap”
- Fixed a bug where players were able to clip into the walls in the Hospital
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation