Overwatch's Sigma -- New Hero Abilities & Ultimate Detailed; Live Now On PTR
The gravity of the situation.
Overwatch's next playable character, Siebren de Kuiper aka Sigma, has been slowly teased throughout the weekend, and now his arrival has come--at least for those on PC. Blizzard has released full details on his set of abilities, and he's now available to try out on the Public Test Region (PTR).
As shown in the story trailer yesterday, Sigma is an ambitious scientist who was severely damaged in an experiment. He gained the ability to manipulate gravity, but his mind was unstable and so he was locked away. Talon subsequently broke him loose and used him as a weapon. The scientist from the Netherlands is also one of the older characters on the Overwatch roster, at 62.
Sigma is a Tank character--very important to note given the new Role Queue feature, where players attach themselves to certain roles when heading into a match. His basic abilities and Ultimate follow below.
- Hyper Spheres -- launches two charges that implode and damage an area
- Experimental Barrier -- can be propelled to any location and then recalled
- Kinetic Grasp -- converts incoming projectiles to shields
- Accretion -- gathers debris and then throws it at an enemy
- Ultimate: Gravitic Flux -- lifts nearby enemies into the air and then slams them back down onto the ground
A livestream with Jeff Kaplan and Brandon "Seagull" Larned showed off Sigma in action just ahead of his release. For more details, check out his official bio page alongside the rest of the Overwatch cast. You can also watch us try him out in the gameplay stream above.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org