Overwatch PTR Update Tones Down The New Character Before She's Released
Orisa and Ana are among the characters nerfed in this new patch.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Orisa has not yet been released in the live game, but she's been available to PTR players since last week. Blizzard has apparently deemed her too powerful as-is; her weapon's magazine size has decreased from 200 to 150, while the cost for her Ultimate, Supercharged, has increased by 15 percent.
Ana sees the other big changes in this patch, as her damage is taking a hit. Her Biotic Rifle now does 60 damage (down from 80), while Biotic Grenade's damage has dropped from 60 to 30. The grenade's healing is also now much less effective, going from 100 to 50.
Other changes include Junkrat's explosions no longer dealing self-damage, the cooldown on Winston's barrier starting when it's placed (rather than when it expires), and the range of Sombra's sound effects and voice lines when entering or exiting stealth has been reduced.
You can check out the full patch notes below; the update will be live on PTR servers today. There's still no date for when any of these, or Orisa, will arrive in the full game.
Overwatch PTR Update Patch Notes
- Damage decreased from 80 to 60
- Impact damage reduced from 60 to 30
- Impact healing reduced from 100 to 50
- No longer hurts himself from his own explosions. (Effect added to current passive: Total Mayhem)
- Magazine size lowered from 200 to 150
- Cost increased by 15%
- Sound effects and VO distance for entering and exiting Stealth reduced to 15 meters.
- Cooldown reduced from 6s to 4s
- Cooldown now starts when the barrier is placed, instead of when it ends
Orb of Destruction
- Alternate fire recovery reduced from 1s to 0.6s
Orb of Discord
- Can now target enemies through barriers